Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 locking up on Menus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 locking up on Menus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabhand16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: TTN5 locking up on Menus Reply with quote

Not had to post here for a while as I have had NO problems at all with my TTN3. I bought my Son a Mio 168 with TTN5 for Christmas and there has been a problem from day one. After TTN5 starts and you go to the main menu, the device locks up. Sometimes you can get onto the preferences menu, and it locks up again. Pressing one of the preset buttons enables the start menu to be accessed and the Mio Utilities can be used to stop the program.

The software does work OK from time to time, but accessing the menus tends to result in a lock up. I have not seen this problem on this BB, but I can't belive we are the only ones with this problem.

The supplied 128mb card only had 1.5mb free, so I put everything on a 512mb card - no improvement. Today I installed TTN5.21, again no improvement.

Has anyone got any solutions. please?
TTN3 3.03 (427) / Sprite Premium 3.1.4 b2419 / CheckPOInt 3.2.0.0 / Digitools UK PostCode / GPSW Safety Camera Database
Dabhand16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found the answer. I got an e-mail from the product support team from global Positioning systems who suggested that I checked the GPS settings. Chance will be a fine thing, I thought. The problem is I can't access the menus or if I do get onto a menu it locks up. However, I found the if I workled REALLY quickly, I managed to progress through the menus. If it locked, I did a soft reset and started again. Gradually I worked through to the GPS settings. I re-set these and after a few minutes got a lock on 3 satellites. From then everything worked fine. I've exited the application and got back in again several times, so hopefully it has done the trick.
TTN3 3.03 (427) / Sprite Premium 3.1.4 b2419 / CheckPOInt 3.2.0.0 / Digitools UK PostCode / GPSW Safety Camera Database

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: