Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - all mio a201 owners read this!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

all mio a201 owners read this!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helen123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: all mio a201 owners read this!!! Reply with quote

i thought it would be nice that all a201 owners post which sd card and size they have so that others can know which are compatable and help each other out.

sandisk 512mb-no problems
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I fully understand your intentions, I think that it is important to realise, that for many users, it is only part of the problem.

I use a MIO168, and so far all the cards I have used in it have worked without any problems - I wish I could say the same for one of my card readers!

So, I would suggest that before anyone buys any SD card, they confirm that the supplier will give a FULL refund (no re-stocking charges etc) if it doesn't work with any of your hardware, not just the PPC.
madtam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would tend to agree with Neil that having a decent return policy is worth checking. I have a feeling that difficulty reading a card could be specific to the individual card rather than the manufacturer or size.
However, for the record, I have tried and used succesfully Jessops 256mb, Kingston 512mb Sandisk 128mb and 1gb cards.
I have also just recently got the spectec wifi card and that also works to give wireless capability. Don't mention that to my neighbours as it was there broadband I connected to last night as there network is unsecured.
helen123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after testing the 512mb sandisk thinking was fine, i purchased a 2gig sandisk one...however i am now begining to think that its not fully compatble. this is because i cannot play music and use tomtom at the same time and other mio a201 users seem not to have this problem....so my best guess is my sd card.....

which sd/mmu card and size do you other a201 owner use?
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long techie discussion with Mio Tech last week, I have now discovered that they have personally tested KingMax & Apacer 2Gb SD cards in all the units they posess and all work fine. I personally use a 2GB kingmax in my 268, works great

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: