Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS- for vehicle performance timing?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS- for vehicle performance timing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badger5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS- for vehicle performance timing? Reply with quote

Hello

Is there such a thing available as a plug in etc for vehicle timing etc from GPS based (Tomtom Nav 2 kit) system?

Sort of timing runs/mapping etc which would encompase 0-60mph, 0-100mph, standing 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile.

There are GPS based systems like Racelogics VBox, but this would seem a superb addition to many petrol heads like myself who have a vested interest in these sorts of timings.

Can anyone help?

Does it already exist?

many thanks

Bill
Thud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS- for vehicle performance timing? Reply with quote

I know somebody who has a unit that does what you describe without the mapping but it is not GPS or pda based. I'll find out the name of it tomorrow. It uses accelerometers and in addition to 0-60mph and standing 1/4 mile, it also measures G forces and horsepower if you program it with the relevant details about your car. The data can be downloaded to a computer in order to plot graphs.

Maybe somebody else knows what I am describing but if not I'll re-post tomorrow with its name. It may be this - G-TECH Pro
Thud
Occasional Visitor

I was wrong, it is the AP22 from Race Technology.
badger5
Occasional Visitor

I know about the acceleromter ones..
They are not very accurate i my experience.
I am looking for a GPS based ones as the high end kit is GPS based these days....
I wondered as I have the GPS receiver, whether there was software which could process these signals into times/accelerations etc... time distance based is just what GPS is good at.

Any idea?
Bill
Heyou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger5, I'm looking for the same thing, so if i find anything i'll let you know.

Del.
queenb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an in vehicle unit called TrakM8 that records 0-60 mph times. You can set it to record time taken from rest to reach any speed. However you would need to make one run to do 0-60, make another run to do 0-100 etc. I don't think it does 1/4 mile though. Look at www.trakm8.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: