Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom300 downloading
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom300 downloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grstools
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: tomtom300 downloading Reply with quote

Hi All, can anyone help? I cannot fathom this lot out at all. I want to download the original tomtom300 files for UK maps onto a bigger card and also add other things. I've tried and tried with no success. I have hidden files allowed and just copy each file to the tomtom but always get the dreaded big red cross up. I've tried with a card reader too without success. I have a 1gb card and a 512gb card ready on standby. Please help me with the really correct procedure. Grateful Graeme. Rolling Eyes
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check the SD Card with File Explorer, what do you see?

Check the size of the Backup against the size of the original SD Card.

Has the new SD Card got the same Files as you have in the Backup, and are they the same size?

If all that is OK, try re-installing the software from the CD, or upgrade to the latest Version.

Another option is to Format the Card to FAT16 instead of FAT32.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom300 downloading Reply with quote

grstools wrote:
Hi All, can anyone help? I cannot fathom this lot out at all. I want to download the original tomtom300 files for UK maps onto a bigger card and also add other things. I've tried and tried with no success. I have hidden files allowed and just copy each file to the tomtom but always get the dreaded big red cross up. I've tried with a card reader too without success. I have a 1gb card and a 512gb card ready on standby. Please help me with the really correct procedure. Grateful Graeme. Rolling Eyes

When do you get the 'dreaded red cross'? When you are trying to copy? After? What about if you copy the cards using a card reader? Do you get it on the new card with the files added, when you put it in the TT?

Check the write permit tag on the SD card, make sure its in the same position as the original.

Also, have you copied the files to the exact same position on the new card? Or did you , for example, copy the files to a folder on the PC, then drag the folder back? So when you open the SD card it will have one folder on it with all the original files inside? If so, thats wrong, the files need to be in the same place as on the original card. What happens if you compare the cards side by side do they have exactly the same folder layout? You should be able to do this by using the TT in one USB port and a card reader in another. They should be *exactly* the same.

Tw

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: