Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin POI Loader Update 23-01-2006
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin POI Loader Update 23-01-2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarmacterrorist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: problems with garmin i3 camera database Reply with quote

hi forum
just a quick question
have just downloaded database (latest)
and uploaded to i3 but it now just shows the camera postion and not the speed of said camera.
I have recently ugraded poi uploader to 2.02 from first one
and have read on the forum that people are having problems with the upgrade.
Has anyone got the first version?and can they send me a copy
to
knsinclair@yahoo.co.uk
or does any one know of how to fix
I used to get camera picture of camera with speed alert now just picture of gatso but no speed
regards to forum
kevin
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this change too - ie. graphics are 'just' generic cameras, rather than the speed limit within a red circle as a positional graphic...actually I prefer this - as I found the 'speed graphic' too small to read at a glance (on the move) - and one still sees the speed displayed in the red proximity header at the top of the screen...

Aitch
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with garmin i3 camera database Reply with quote

tarmacterrorist wrote:
hi forum
just a quick question
have just downloaded database (latest)
and uploaded to i3 but it now just shows the camera postion and not the speed of said camera.
I have recently ugraded poi uploader to 2.02 from first one
and have read on the forum that people are having problems with the upgrade.
Has anyone got the first version?and can they send me a copy
to
knsinclair@yahoo.co.uk
or does any one know of how to fix
I used to get camera picture of camera with speed alert now just picture of gatso but no speed
regards to forum
kevin

I commented on this change in this thread:
http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34752

I honestly can't see the harm in having the zoned speeds in seperate files as it was a nice option to have for Garmin users and would make it easier to spot the speed limit. Backward step IMHO.
c3sgt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: PLEASE LOOK AT,"GARMIN POI LOADER [GPX FORMAT] Reply with quote

MANY THANKS!!
montyfunk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: latest POI loader Reply with quote

OK, I can make this lates version POI loader from garmin work. Simply go into the .csv file in Excel and remove the 'headers' ie the top lline that says Longitude, latitude, etc... Resave the file and now it works.

Monty :D
loads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Garmin download still not working Reply with quote

Hi this is my first post here. I found this forum by searching for the download filename of POI Edit as the download on the Garmin site is not working

This was after two downloads neither of which even got to the installer stage. I even rebooted to make sure it was not at my end.

Thanks to banger9365 for his older version link. I got that and was up and running in a few minutes.

Can't think why that if they knew before this software had problems they are still rushing out a non working download.

Thanks for such an informative forum. I will be visiting often from now.

Loads
stevepowers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the problems experienced with the latest POI Loader from Garmin ... so saved my old files before I updated the Loader.

Sure enough - when I then tried loading the .csv files - with some of them the Loader reported that the files were invalid. I checked through those which uploaded ok - and those where there were problems.

Seems that the problem is that the new Loader rejects .csv files where the first row of the file is the header saying "Longitude, Lattitude, Name" ... which is included in the files from Pocket GPS. I deleted this row and the Loader then worked perfectly.

True - this is annoying and needs to be fixed - but it's very simple to delete this first row in Excel and then re-save the file. And the additional functionality of the Loader makes this minor hassle worthwhile - at least for me.

Steve
stevepowers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops - sorry - just seen that this solution has already been spotted and described elsewhere.
andybike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just updated my i3 using the software and its worked great

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: