Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:

Scrolling around the map could be acheived in a similar way - with subsequent clicks of the jogwheel switching the scroll function between pan East/West, pan North/South, and zoom in/out.

It might seem a bit clunky, but it's certainly better than nothing.

Whether or not Garmin would implement this is down to whether they'd risk undermining the advantages of their more expensive products, rather than technical feasibility.

i think garmin would be more likely to say "if you want extra functions like that then buy one of our more advanced (and more expensive) models"

the i3 is basic. it's price and features reflect that - however, it's still damn good at what it does.

MaFt
timbouk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another suggestion, speed based volume setting ;)
The I3 is great in a car, but put in a minibus or van you need to turn up at motorway speeds, then its far too loud round town!

This should be really easy to implement!
If speed more than 60mph add 1 to volume setting, if below 60 mph then reudce by one
wibblemonster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Verbal Warnings approaching roundabouts Reply with quote

I originally started the following thread regading Verbal Warnings approaching roundabouts:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34022

But I think it would also be appropriate to suggest it here:

It's the warning or rather lack of that the i3 gives when approaching roundabouts in order to get into the correct lane? I often find that the i3 only tells you verbally of what exit to take when 0.1 miles away from the actual roundabout. There's a large number of 3 lane roundabouts on dual carrageways around where I stay where you have to concentrate on the i3 screen (not safe) to check for the exit as the verbal and often the screen warning when in map mode does not come up soon enough.

By the nature of actually having to use GPS, you're driving in unfamiliar territory. The last thing anyone wants to be doing is zooming the map or reviewing turns on the unit (particularly fiddly on the i3) instead of worrying about what lane to get into for the exit to the roundabout. I think Garmin really need to address this in a firmware revision so that the minimum warning of what exit to take is at least around 0.4 miles from the roundabout or whatever the length of road is to the roundabout, whatever is the greater of the two thereby giving a safer distance to get into the correct lane.
alan_t
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbie here, just got myself a i3 for £99.99.
well happy with it, ok its my first, but hey. Smile

only thing i like to see is a option to toggle, so i can replace the ETA with a speedo.

ETA is abit pointless i think, coz it does'nt work that well.....though having the correct speed that you are travelling at would be good.
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_t wrote:
ETA is abit pointless i think, coz it does'nt work that well.....though having the correct speed that you are travelling at would be good.

ETA improves as it get to know your driving speeds in relation to the roads you are driving on.
Lunker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to toggle the eta too and maybe the driving direction.
andybike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like a facility by where you can add unknown safety camera locations manually then the i3 gives you the exact geographical location so you can send it to the pocketgps camera email service.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andybike wrote:
i'd like a facility by where you can add unknown safety camera locations manually then the i3 gives you the exact geographical location so you can send it to the pocketgps camera email service.

Eh?

Save the location by holding the jog wheel, into my favourites - if necessary, name appropriately. Then use easygps to extract the info off your i3.
andybike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lester_Burnham wrote:
andybike wrote:

Eh?

Save the location by holding the jog wheel, into my favourites - if necessary, name appropriately. Then use easygps to extract the info off your i3.

personal note to self....use satnav more often!!!
bobbyjo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be able to upload a .wav file as well as a .bmp file with every POI file so that they replace the bong bong proximety warning.

Eg. pocketgpsworld_fixed_30.csv, pocketgpsworld_fixed_30.bmp and pocketgpsworld_fixed_30.wav

Matt
colin_tomlinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the ability to edit My Favourites on my pc. Likewise, the ability to view all (not just the nearest 50) favourites on an on-(pc)screen map.

Turning to facilities more luxurious, since the device uses satellites and has a screen and speaker, what about showing Sky One (and the like) when the next turn is more than 5 miles or 10 minutes away? Very useful for traffic jams, me thinks. And think of the extra revenue from the advertisers (increased audience).
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, you can edit your favourites using Easy GPS. This can be downloaded from here:

http://www.easygps.com/download.asp

As for your second paragraph surely you are missing a Wink

Nick.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Colin, you can edit your favourites using Easy GPS. This can be downloaded from here:

http://www.easygps.com/download.asp

I've tried this but can't see any useful way to do this. It doesn't show a map overlay and when you copy the info back to the i3 it's done in the CAPS and not Upper / Lower Case....
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had my i3 a couple of days, and I love it! Terrific value for money compared to my son's TomTom!

And this website and the forums are so helpful. Thanks to all the experts for giving up their time to help us newbies. One thing I notice, though, is how few women post here. Is it because they use satnav or the internet less than men? I can't be that unusual - a 63-year-old female gadget freak!! But then I suppose they do call them Boys' Toys.

Anyway, the icing on the cake for me would be speed options on the simulator, even if it's only two - a driving speed and a faster route-checking speed. Or personally I'd be happy to lose the driving speed and just have the fast one.

And distance to destination alternating with ETA would be useful too.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
Anyway, the icing on the cake for me would be speed options on the simulator, even if it's only two - a driving speed and a faster route-checking speed. Or personally I'd be happy to lose the driving speed and just have the fast one.

And distance to destination alternating with ETA would be useful too.

Oh Dear, you should have gone with your son's TomTom.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: