Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Windows Mobile 5 and tomtom 5 compatable?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Mobile 5 and tomtom 5 compatable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Windows Mobile 5 and tomtom 5 compatable? Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm considering upgradeing my hx4700 to the new windows mobile version 5, is it compatable with tomtom 5 yet? Any one using it??????

Whilst i'm here, my brother wants the new Jas Jar.... anyone using it with tomtom 5 yet? anygood?????

thanks all

Merry xmas ( must be near enough to say that now!?)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom works fine under WM2005, even better with the new release 5,2 as it will also load onto the machine via the required Active Sync 4,0. I use it on my Exec and there is no problem with it, if you are looking at upgrading the IPAQ-4700 to WM2005 then as far as I know it won't be officially available until around end of March next year.

If you load up a Beta release then best of luck as there is no way of knowing that it will be stable.

There is an issue with Dell X50V machines upgraded to WM2005 that wipes the battery out even when selected off, so be wary as yet unless the machine supplier offers the code (in the Dell case they obviously got it wrong). - Mike
sparkyweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

A colleague has just purchased an Exec, and wants to run TTN on it, however all the suppliers are not showing compatability with TTN5.
He rang global positioning who confirmed this.

I assume that it does work, as Mike has said he is using it. Is it easy to set up??

TIA

Sparky
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky, The Exec will run TomTom Navigator5,21 with no problems at all, this is the specific version you need as it includes the ability to install to a WM2005 device, which the earlier versions couldn't do. You will need a Bluetooth GPS unit as you cannot use a cable connected GPS unit with the Exec - Mike
sparkyweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for a prompt reply, the only reason for asking is that another colleague had purchased a Mio 2*** (can't remember the exact model) with WM5 on it, and TT did not work at all. The friendly people at global positioning did sort it out for him though (with lots of tech support and a work around).

Wanted to check that it was a blip as far as the Mio was concerned.

Cheers

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: