Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 to TomTom 5.2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 to TomTom 5.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: TomTom 5 to TomTom 5.2 Reply with quote

Here is my problem. I have TomTom 5 on my pocket PC and some USA state maps. Installed my BT GPS and it will only allow me to use Com Ports 0 or 6. So if I use one of those and go in the the TomTom GPS setting there is

QCR Data Interface
Com 7
RIL on Com2
Serial IR on Com1
Ir on Com3

So needless to say I cannot get a connection as I am on Com Port 0 or 6. However my USA maps are there.

Now if I install the 5.2 undate I loss the USA maps. So I installed the Great Britain Map to get pass "No Maps Found". I went into the GPS Status and now I have

QCR Data Interface
Com 7
RIL on Com2
Serial IR on Com1
Ir on Com3
Com6
Com0.

I select Com0 and the GPS starts working fine, which is great but I do not live in Great Britian. I go to the map selection and that is the only map.

If I just copy the 5.0 TomTom navigation file only and replace the 5.2 TomTom navigation file I get back the USA Maps and still have the Great Britian map but lose the Com port 0 in the GPS status that I need.

So I guess I need to do you of two things.

1. Find a way to make Com port 7 open so I can assign it to the BT GPS since TomTom 5 seems to see that port or,

2. Find a way to make 5.2 see the USA maps.

I have spent days working on this with no luck. Please, Please, Please I would be thankful for any ideas.

Take care!
Maverickuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 5 to TomTom 5.2 Reply with quote

LouMan wrote:

I have spent days working on this with no luck. Please, Please, Please I would be thankful for any ideas.

Take care!

My understanding is that TT5.21 wont work with earlier maps, but i guess you know that!

Regarding the com ports, no idea why it dont see it, however i would be tempted to try a work around like GPS gate (virtual com port)and see if that works.

Cheers

Mav
LouMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Maverickuk,

I hate to sound stupid but how do you set up a virtual com port.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: