Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting disillusioned with TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting disillusioned with TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Getting disillusioned with TomTom Reply with quote

After quite some time of being a fan of TTN3 and doing some good promotions work for them among friends and colleagues, and after make allowances for the glitches in TT5 when it came on the scene, I'm now getting more than a bit disillusioned with them.

Having upgraded to 5.21 I still find that I have to hide POIs in order for my map to refresh properly and to ensure a smooth rite of passage.

I can't believe that this is still an unaddressed issue and wonder if TomTom have already lost interest in it in favour of other developments.
daveLDC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would have to be very dissilusioned to be "posting" on this board at that time of the morning!
OK, so the system is not perfect, but it is still better than fumbeling around with maps while you are stuck at the side of the road.
8O
SEIDIO 2500 Amplified mount.
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I imply, I well acknowledge the advantages and have been an exponent of them. That, however, doesn't mean that I should expect to have to live with one substandard consequence of TT5 software - especially after all these months - that was meant to be an improvement on TT3
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lamplight
I think that TT5 is great but I was quite happy when I only had TT3. I think most users would have been quite content with TT3 if only Tomtom had brought out an accurate and up-to-date map for it. Yep, an up-to-date map every 18 months would have done me just fine. However, we have to move on (they call it progress).
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lamplight.

I agree completely with you. I have had an ongoing 'row' with TomTom about losing favourites randomly and after months I have still not had a satisfactory response from them, they just keep fobbing me off.

I also mentioned about the map refresh rate and they have convieniently forgotten about that question.

Skids

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: