Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - medion 96800 tt5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

medion 96800 tt5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: medion 96800 tt5 Reply with quote

i had a medion95900 which developed battery problems,so i returned it and got a 96800.now with the 95900 i Sad was able to put tt5 on with no problems.i have tried with the 96800 and the screen is blurred on start up ie the firt setup screen with the languages on. have medion put a bug on to stop tt5 or do i need a different gx dll.
vdub_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance you can give a step by step guide on installin tt5 on a medion 96800?
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdub_uk wrote:
any chance you can give a step by step guide on installin tt5 on a medion 96800?

Different device but it might help:

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=166594#166594
freddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: dont work Reply with quote

tried it, wont work without right gx dll.if you install everything as if it was a 95900 then remove medion from the pna ie,start/ settings/ control/add and remove,tomtom will load.takes forever to get a fix and sometimes the roads disappear when navigating
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: dont work Reply with quote

freddo wrote:
tried it, wont work without right gx dll.if you install everything as if it was a 95900 then remove medion from the pna ie,start/ settings/ control/add and remove,tomtom will load.takes forever to get a fix and sometimes the roads disappear when navigating

Well I dont think that the same version as my Medion 175.... so that might be why

Firstly I dont need any dll's installed at all....and i have not removed medion software from the device either so i dont know why you are doing this?

Dont know why tom tom is taking a long time to get a fix, try another why of connected to the gps....

Also the roads do sometimes dissapear, this sometimes happens with tom tom....2 of my friends have offical tom toms and it does that with them also.
freddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: thick or what Reply with quote

its not a 175 its a 96800thats why !!! Twisted Evil
xnaught
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: thick or what Reply with quote

freddo wrote:
its not a 175 its a 96800thats why !!! Twisted Evil

Well i did say that my tutorial was for the 175.....and that it might or might not work with urs...Laughing Out Loud...Since i dont have a 96800 i cant help im afriad
moggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I`ve managed to get the 96800 cracked - it took a touch of ingenuity, though.

I followed the instructions given on the link, but after transfering the new registry and taskbar software over, the 96800 was still booting up straight into the standard navigation software after performing the soft reset at step 5, not allowing me to run the regedit programme.

So, I tried a hard reset - and this worked, because the nav software re-installation phase gave time for me to use regedit. Tip here: when the re-installation programme asks "do you want to use preferences from the previous installation?" ignore it - this halts the process allowing regedit to be used.

Now, I have a 96800 that can be used as a PDA and I can run Navigator on it but can't get TomTom 5 to run. I keep getting a message saying "autorun or one of it's components can not be found" - even though autorun is on the SD card. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do?
moggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just re-read the link, it`s probably because the software I'm using has "start.exex" not "setup.exe" on it.
Firebird
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: setup.exe Reply with quote

Mmmmmm, your right, most tomtom versions have the file ....start.exe.....
The file you need to get is .....setup.exe.....
This appears to be rare'r than hens teeth.
If I am wrong, apologies.
or get me a setup.exe Laughing Out LoudSmile
Firebird
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: regedit on 96800 Reply with quote

I cracked mine several times when I have had to do a hard reset, mostly when I screwed it up trying some thing new.
I found that you don't need to imort the ....regedit..... file.
probably next time I crack it will be against the wall !!!@
moggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where to get "setup.exe"? I have two versions of TT% - neither of which have it.

TT5 runs fine with "start.exe" on my ipaq 3715 - I wonder if it´s a difference in the Windows load that makes the difference?
Firebird
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: 06800 tt5 Reply with quote

Yea, I think it is some thing to do with the way the pna handles some of the files.
I know that if you can get setup.exe then you should have it sorted.
problem is getting hold of setup.exe let me know
freddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give it up boys .i took the medion back to aldi got refund and bought a tomtom one for £219 at pc world .proper system,speed cameras on ,different voices, different map colors.do yourselves a favour and do the same

happy tomtom user
freddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody want to buy tomtom5 with the setup exe on

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: