Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fujitsu Loox & Emtac losing connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fujitsu Loox & Emtac losing connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrispyPete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Fujitsu Loox & Emtac losing connection Reply with quote

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Look and Emtac GPS receiver. I have a problem whereby after approx 10-15 mins the PDA reports it has lost connection to the Emtac. I have tried this with the devices sitting right next to each other and it still happens. Both units have power so it is not a battery problem. I suspect it is a problem with the PDA's bluetooth but thought I would see if any of this knowledgable forum had come across anything similar? Thx in advance
JosGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Fujitsu Loox & Emtac losing connection Reply with quote

I have the same combination and the same experience. On top of that the EMTAC is now back to the supplier because it is completely dead. I don't know yet what the cause of this all is. I have no feedback so far. Perhaps there is a connection with the charger problem reported on this forum.
I am waiting for my PPC2003 update for the Loox as well. Perhaps there is an improvement there if the problem is indeed the BT module in the Loox. I will post any follow up on this.
owizard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a loox 600 with PPC2002. Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same issue with my Emtac/Socket Bluetooth GPS. The PPC reports lost connection every 20-25 mins. Has anyone managed to find a solution? Which device is the culprit, i.e, is it loox or Socket GPS?

Any info will be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.
JosGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Pocket Loox Emtac and BT connectivity Reply with quote

As I reported earlier my Emtac passed away. I received a new set Laughing and at the same time upgraded the Loox to Windows Mobile 2003. Now I don't know what makes the difference but the new Emtac and WM2003 make an excellent combination. Have been using this new combination on a few trips (Eastern Europe, Spain) and just returned from a trip to Canada and the old 'lost connection' problem did not occur. This suggests that the upgrade to WM2003 includes an improved BT module for the Loox.
ste
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I had this also, & did a lot of investigating. The same prob with CP 3.5 started with my Loox600 after one of the ROM upgrades (cant remember which one) AFAIK its a problem with the Loox firmware & there is no fix - other than maybe the WM2003 upgrade that has a better BT stability. I'm now running on a Loox 610, CP 3.5 works great with no dropouts, but be aware that CP 4.0 does not support the 610 third party BT firmware, & u need to run CP 4.5 which I think is only available from ALK direct.
Ste

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: