Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Leadtec 9532 & TDC problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Leadtec 9532 & TDC problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simontdc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Leadtec 9532 & TDC problems Reply with quote

Karl, I can assure you that the experience you have had is not what we set out to do. I have copied below an email which has just been sent to you by our Sales Office Manager, Judith Telford. I hope the partial refund will go some way to being an apology.

Simon

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Karl

Linda has passed me a copy of your email regarding your experience in getting some support from us yesterday.

Firstly, my apologies that it took so long before you were able to speak to one of our Technical Engineers. We pride ourselves on the technical support we offer our customers, and this is certainly not our usual service. I understand that this has caused you a great deal of inconvenience as you will need to programme it prior to being away for one week. Linda has confirmed to you that the replacement unit is being despatched today via TNT - for delivery before 12:00 noon tomorrow (Friday 05 September).

In the meantime, as a token of recompense for the inconvenience caused, I am arranging for your credit card to be credited by £50, and hope that this is acceptable to you.

We will call you tomorrow to ensure that you have received this unit.

Kind regards.

Judith
kbundy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Leadtec 9532 & TDC problems Reply with quote

Hi,

Firstly ordered a Leadtech 9532 from TDC over the phone and picked it up the same day, this was good service and Linda was very helpfull.

However it soon became apparent that the unit was not working properly - would not lock on and would not re- acquire.

After 5 phone calls today starting at 0930 finishing at 1715, with 4 promises of ringing me back(not one call) i eventually got a tech rep who agreed that there was something wrong, and would I send it back. After some haggling he agreed that he would get Linda to sort it out, and send me a replacement unit.

Firstly if someone had phone back when promised this morning, I would have hopefully got the replacement unit tomorrow. I will now have to sepnd all tonight re programming my trusty Magellan for my week long trip departing Friday as I cannot trust TDC to deliver ontime.

TDC - Linda & Simon, You may give good service when selling good, but your aftersales is a bit poor, too much of this ahd you will soon get a reputation - Oh and no apology.........

Karl Bundy
kbundy
Occasional Visitor

Update.

TDC have come up trumps, replacement unit delivered as promised - and the refund, well moe than I would have expected.

Initially I thought I had the same problem, but after some excellent technical help from Simon, I think I may have solved the problem.

He did give a good bit of advice and that was to leave the unit on for a whil so that the onboard almanac could be updated, this seems to have solved the missing/dropped satellite problems

TDC pulled out all the sops to solve this - well done

Karl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: