Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 9532 & Baud Rates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

9532 & Baud Rates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbundy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: 9532 & Baud Rates Reply with quote

Hi,
In the Leadtek Tech Spec, it states

" We strongly suggest that you make use of Leadtek standard NMEA setting, that is, baud rate is 9600 and......"

How do you change the standard baud rate of 4800. Whenever i try and change it on my Jornada, using the Winfast program, the unit stops working.
Any Ideas

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: 9532 & Baud Rates Reply with quote

Use WinFast Navigator. TBH, NMEA usually prefers to be on 4800 and I've had better results using 4800 over 9600.

You need to connect to the GPS Receiver under 4800 then go into the command menu, make sure it's set on NMEA and change to 9600 and OK.

You will then have to change any of your GPS Applications to use 9600 rather than the default drivers you may be using.
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused as I too saw that in the manual for the 9532, it says that they strongly recommend it being used at the DEFAULT baud rate of 9600, but if you actually do a "hardware reset" to the 9532, the baud rate it sets itself to by default is 4800. (And first time out of the box, they run at 4800 too...)

I've spent quite a bit of time trying out different baud rates and have gone back to the real default of 4800, which I think works just as well, if not better than anything else and that's the baud rate that all the software expects, so they work by default at this setting rather than having to fiddle with things.....

Graham.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two, a 9531 and 9532 in-car and had the 9532 running at 9600 and the 9531 at 4800, and although it's marginal, running at 4800 does appear to be better. You don't seem to get anything extra by increasing to 9600 in NMEA.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: