Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cure for everyone losing Favourites, Home, etc in Tomtom!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cure for everyone losing Favourites, Home, etc in Tomtom!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattchrome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Cure for everyone losing Favourites, Home, etc in Tomtom!! Reply with quote

:D
Hi Everyone,
I have found the (simple) cure for all the people that have been having the problem of losing all their favourites and home and recent destinations etc. I was having this exact problem as well, and tried all manner of things to cure it, all to no avail. I have a Dell Axim, and my wife has a HP Ipaq, And this works on both, identically, and is probably the same on all other pocket pc`s
Basically, when you go to turn off your Tomtom, click on exit application, but DON`T turn off the pocket pc untill you see the welcome screen refresh, it will only be a small blip on the screen after a second or two, this happens obviously after tomtom has succesfully saved the latest changes. If you switch it off before this your data will not be saved and you will lose all data. I know for a fact that this solution works as I have not lost Data for over two months, (since I discovered this fix). Please let me know if this was useful to you, or just to say hi! ........ Matt.
beammeup69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i was told by thetomtom help desk that if you delete the .mac file and the .cfg (poss cgf file) these hold the fav's and then reset the fav's, home and poi warnings this seems to have worked for me.

so if you have problems try both as i wait a good 30 seconds now before turning of my pda (ipaq 2210)

hope it works
arun1uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if you could help me...

I have tomtom navigator 5 on my Orange SPV M500, and it loses the favourites and home location every time I close the application down....

Any suggestions?
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this Matt. I will certainly give this a go and let you know how I get on.

I have had a running argument with TomTom over this and they have basically denied that there is such an issue and then said they cannot provide a fix.

Thanks for nothing TomTom.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst it’s not a full solution, have you considered using a POI instead of Favourites?

You could create a new custom POI category called "Friends and Family", "Contacts", etc, or even "Favourites" and add your places there instead of the Favourites. POIs are far more robust than the Favourites.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
scrutineer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add more confusion....
I was also having the problem with loosing home location and the setup for camera warnings

I was using a standard speed 512 card and have changed it to a high speed (80X) 1 Gb card and this seems to have sorted it out - All i did when i changed was to coipy the original cards data to my pc to save it , then i copied it all to the new card ( with hidden files shown )using a card reader .Then started the tomtom and enabled the sppedcamera alerts and alls well again
I recall that in a previous post TomTom said the card speed was a possible cause for the problem - i should add that the 512 card was not full - there was still a fair bit of room left
Skids
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrutineer wrote:
I was also having the problem with loosing home location and the setup for camera warnings

I was using a standard speed 512 card and have changed it to a high speed (80X) 1 Gb card and this seems to have sorted it out - All i did when i changed was to coipy the original cards data to my pc to save it , then i copied it all to the new card ( with hidden files shown )using a card reader .Then started the tomtom and enabled the sppedcamera alerts and alls well again
I recall that in a previous post TomTom said the card speed was a possible cause for the problem - i should add that the 512 card was not full - there was still a fair bit of room left

The issue does seem to remove Favourites and the settings that you have just pointed out.

TomTom did suggest it could be the speed of the card but I asked them if that was the issue why do they supply it on a standard speed card and not high speed (especially as the full package is £200). As I already have a 512Mb card I am loathe to buy a high speed card to get past the problem TomTom do not seem prepared to fix.
scrutineer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
scrutineer wrote:

The issue does seem to remove Favourites and the settings that you have just pointed out.

TomTom did suggest it could be the speed of the card but I asked them if that was the issue why do they supply it on a standard speed card and not high speed (especially as the full package is £200). As I already have a 512Mb card I am loathe to buy a high speed card to get past the problem TomTom do not seem prepared to fix.

I know what you mean I bought the bigger/faster card ( about £35 on amazon ) because I wanted to additionally run memory map and keep data on the one card so would run out of space on the 512 - so getting the card suited me - i would not have been happy to but a new card just to cure THEIR problem .... also my camera uses the SD cards :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: