Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Alternative case for TT One
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternative case for TT One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueBox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir_Fallot wrote:
Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
Go to Jessops and look for the Lowepro D-RES 8 case. You will not get the charger in it but the ONE will fit in it as snug as a bug in a rug, and there is a pocket in the back for a SD card. It comes with carry strap and belt clip.
But be quick at the moment it is half price at £6.99. Search for D-RES 8 on Jessops web site.

Dan.

Thanks - I ended up getting one of these cases, but will have to wait to Christmas to try it out as my wife has now wrapped up the tomtom one until Xmas.

Completely amazed by Jessops - the price on the case was £13.99 and there was nothing to indicate that it was half price. If was only when I asked at the counter that I was told it was half price. Whats the point in that?

Lucky you i went to High Wycombe store and staff told me theres no dicount it still £12.99 Crying or Very sad
BlueBox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBox wrote:
Sir_Fallot wrote:
Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
Go to Jessops and look for the Lowepro D-RES 8 case. You will not get the charger in it but the ONE will fit in it as snug as a bug in a rug, and there is a pocket in the back for a SD card. It comes with carry strap and belt clip.
But be quick at the moment it is half price at £6.99. Search for D-RES 8 on Jessops web site.

Dan.

Thanks - I ended up getting one of these cases, but will have to wait to Christmas to try it out as my wife has now wrapped up the tomtom one until Xmas.

Completely amazed by Jessops - the price on the case was £13.99 and there was nothing to indicate that it was half price. If was only when I asked at the counter that I was told it was half price. Whats the point in that?

Lucky you i went to High Wycombe store and staff told me theres no dicount it still £13.99 Crying or Very sad
Sir_Fallot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBox wrote:
BlueBox wrote:
Sir_Fallot wrote:
Dan_Gleebitz wrote:

Dan.

Lucky you i went to High Wycombe store and staff told me theres no dicount it still £13.99 Crying or Very sad

Did they run it through the till to check??

Maybe the offer has ended, or maybe the sales assistant, in the absence of any inside knowledge, simply assumed that the price on the case was the price that was payable.
tij303
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this is common knowledge but I bought a tt one today from PC world - they have knocked the price down a bit - to £249 - and this comes with a free officeial ttone case.
This seemed a better deal than waiting for the link (who told me today they are out of stock and I would be looking at new year now so I have cancelled the order at 239) and considering the official case not that bad.

It still took a few minutes to pursuade the cashier that a) the price was not still £259 and b) the case was free even though the display was at the end of the aisle opposite the checkout (doncaster store).

FYI I was on my way out of the store having asked an assistant if they were in stock and being told no even though I had rang the helpline and been informed that 4 were still left (there were at least 10 on display) but because they were not in the main display bless them it meant that there were none !

Anyway at £249 plus case and immediate possession this seems to be about the best deal at the moment (local argos too expensive and none in comet). Hope this helps
Frazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked the price of the D-RES8 at both Jessop's stores in Nottingham and when scanned at the till came up at £13.99 in both stores Sad .

However, the case is well made and fits the TomTom One like a glove so I decided to get it anyway Smile .

Later noticed that they had the same case at £12.99 in Dixons, but couldn't be bothered to walk back to Jessops for refund as the additional time it would have taken me to do so would have increased my parking fee by £1.30 Wink

Frazz
digitalhen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offer on the case at Jessops ended 24/12/2005 according to the mag....
JLee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original TTG Standard Cases £7.99 from here..

I didn't have time to read the whole thread so sorry if this link has been posted before.
BlueBox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLee wrote:

I didn't have time to read the whole thread so sorry if this link has been posted before.

if you look closely you see the case is for the GO model not for TTONE Sad
JLee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueBox wrote:
JLee wrote:

Well that's not because I didn't look closely. It's because I don't know the difference between 'Go model' and TTONE. I thought they were the same thing. Please keep your sarcastic sad smileys to yourself!
JLee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLee wrote:
BlueBox wrote:
JLee wrote:

Well that's not because I didn't look closely. It's because I don't know the difference between 'Go model' and TTONE. I thought they were the same thing. I was foolishly trying to help. Please keep your sarcastic sad smileys to yourself!
rickrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, If (http://www.satnav-shop.com/index.php?ln=en&pg=store&sec=4) say's it fits the tomtom 300/500/700, then, according to the tomtom website, the tomtom one is about half a cm smaller in length and width...
Therefore, I think it would fit easily :D :D
JLee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...In which case it should fit perfectly since the 500 is quite a tight fit, especially if you have a small cloth in there for wiping the screen.
Andyspurs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Alternative case for TT One Reply with quote

[Go into PC world and they will price match. I told them that the tomtom site is selling it for 25 pounds which they are I think slightly less and PC world sold it to me for 25 pounds
SeventySix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, that's good to know. I wonder if I can cancel the order I placed on the TT website....
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeventySix wrote:
Blimey, that's good to know. I wonder if I can cancel the order I placed on the TT website....

Legally, yes, of course you can. You have up to 7 days after receipt of the item to cancel your contract.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: