Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlocking your iCN510 for FULL WINCE use!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlocking your iCN510 for FULL WINCE use!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the value of installing this software to give the Navman more wide ranging usefulness but the thread of this forum seems to have the installation of the TomTom nav software as a priority. Is the TomTom software so much better than the Navman? If so why not buy the TomTom in the first place. Guess I'm confused, but that wouldn't be the first time... Confused Confused
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Because you can Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
I can see the value of installing this software to give the Navman more wide ranging usefulness but the thread of this forum seems to have the installation of the TomTom nav software as a priority. Is the TomTom software so much better than the Navman? If so why not buy the TomTom in the first place. Guess I'm confused, but that wouldn't be the first time... Confused Confused

Just got my used 510 bought off eBay today. So far I have successfully got the Taskbar up and running. I can run all the apps including NavCar (Navman) from there.

Right now I'm working on loading TT 5.10 but not sure how to go about it. So far I've just done a reinstall via ActiveSync and am manually copying maps and voices from my iPaq SD Card. Veeerrrryyyy sloooooow.

I guess the reason to install TomTom is because you can or at least think you can
xnappo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
I can see the value of installing this software to give the Navman more wide ranging usefulness but the thread of this forum seems to have the installation of the TomTom nav software as a priority. Is the TomTom software so much better than the Navman?Confused

Well... First off TomTom is one of the few applications that actually works right - if anyone has found a general GPS application like GPSDash or Navio that works please let me know! I'd like to be able to use the NavMan hiking...

But secondly... I have to say I do like the TomTom software slightly better, plus they have John Cleese! The form factor of the ICN5XX definately beats TomTom Go though...

xnappo
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: I did it Reply with quote

I have TT Nav 5.10 running on a iCN 510. Navman, TT, and all the Taskmenu items work.

Getting TT to install is stuff. It needs to be activated and that requires a new code. It takes some juggling to get things in the right directories.

So far I have unable to get anything else to install. Not sure why unless portrait oriented items won't work.
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Tomtom better than Navman - You bet ;) Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Is the TomTom software so much better than the Navman?Confused Confused

Yes, without question. Much better POI handling and plugins.

I Have a Navman ICN-510 only because it came with a £200 off voucher last year. Previoisuly I had TT5 on an IPAQ/XDA2. The Navman interaface is awful and not easily customizable. I get lost everytime I use the Navman. The only good thing is the small size and flip antenna. TT5 seems to crash much less than the Navman software.
Support. Tomtom have always been good at providing updates and patches, The Navman update is very expensive(25%), and not being able to see before you buy limits its audience.
I found Tomtom very helpful when I explained I was installing it on a Navman.

I have since purchased a GO, but still use the navman in my 2nd and 3rd cars.

Mr.G
Garmin Vista
Trimble
Tomtom 5 PDA (palm + Ipaq)
Tomtom Go 500
Navman ICN-510 (TT5 PDA software)
Fortuna BT sirf II gps
Holux Sirf III BT gps
Siemens GPS mouse
UpAllNight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

I bought my Navman last year for $299- far cheaper than a TT. I thought the software worked pretty well, but once i stumbled upon this thread i decided to try installing the TT5 software, and it is a world of difference. Having used both, I feel that the Navman software can't touch the TT software in terms of performance and usability. If I were buying a GPS now, there is no question in my mind that I would go with a TT
Shonk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how to get tomtom to update the Triangle more often
on a tomtom go its a smooth liquid movement

on the navman it updates every second or 2

ive seen somewhere that they fixed it but cant find where
it was
markprescott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have got the menu screen up but when i click tom tom it says its not installed how do i do this
markprescott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tom tom installed on my navman now and all the maps are on there but it says there is no gps. how do i sort this out?
NavManFin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get any external POI warning programs for TomTom to work with this modified TomTom running on Navman?

I get them installed, but when i try to run them from explorer, i get error message that "Cannot find rogram or one of it's components.
scuba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Software tested for iCN510 Reply with quote

Hallo
My name is Alessandro an I'm going from Venice Italy
My iCN510 site is : http://it.groups.yahoo.com/group/Navman_iCN510/

Now I use TomTom5 BakoNl but there are othet programs that work fine on the iCN510 !!!
:D :D :D :D
(ALL TESTED !!)

- Cenet_viewersfull.zip
Viewer for documents MS Office

- HaaliReader.NET.ARMV4.exe
Reader txt, etc...

- MyPocketCalc.cab
Calcolator very good --- (better than Alek calcolator)

- Netcf.all.wce4.armv4.cab
Compact Framework

- QB_qb062hpcarm.zip
Browser offline

- Tcpmp.arm_ce3.cab
Player Mpeg, Divx ecc... (total free VERY GOOD )

- UltraG.262.131.ARM.zip
Viewer and Editor per immagini

- Ultragraphics.ZIP
Convertitore di immagini jpg/bmp

- PocketMV.zip
ISO maps viewer (iso Garmin maps like http://www.zefsail.it/mappe_UK.htm ) on Navman ICN510.

- invaders.exe
Old game ... evergreen !!

- palmchess202pro-demo.exe
Chess DEMO 14 days .. very good

- tetris.exe
Tetris game

- HatMan.zip
A copy of PacMan

For free download you can find them on emule or come in our Yahoo group ....
http://it.groups.yahoo.com/group/Navman_iCN510/
it's free ...

Have Fun !!! Wink

Alessandro - Venice Italy
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: software Reply with quote

i have followed to instructions and the new menu appears when i unplug the usb cable but if i opt for navman how do i get back to the new menu the only way i can get it back is to connect active sync then unplug and new menu appears surely you do not have to connect to computer every time to get new menu back even switching it off and on does not help
Merlin42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: software Reply with quote

bertybasset wrote:
i have followed to instructions and the new menu appears when i unplug the usb cable but if i opt for navman how do i get back to the new menu the only way i can get it back is to connect active sync then unplug and new menu appears surely you do not have to connect to computer every time to get new menu back even switching it off and on does not help

I Think what you need to do is a soft reset from the pin hole ontop of your 510, that allows the Navman to reset ot the menu. I hope this is what you are looking for.

My problem is a little mome complex,I have installed the Software for running the WINCE menu and apps including tomtom 5 on my 510, and it runs fine,except when I want to go back into navman by using the Menu Button suplied, it crashes with the lines of text saying

ASSERT FAILURE
TOR\PLATFORM\WINCE\PLATFORM\PLAT_FUNCS.C

LINE 1542 TEST G_MAP CRASH!=NULL

Can any one help me with this problem? Please.
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for the soft reset touch and it now works fine i lso cant get the tomtom 5 to run i must be doing something wrong still any other help appreciated
kkoolkev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: changing screen res Reply with quote

does anyone know how to get the screen's to fit in the window on the config screen

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: