Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Speed Camera Alerts on Mio.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Speed Camera Alerts on Mio.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: No Speed Camera Alerts on Mio. Reply with quote

My Mio does not alert me for speed cameras now. Worked OK on CP5.

Any bright ideas? Sad
daps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Tools//Options/POI's and make sure report POI's is on the second notch from the left.
Mine wont work unless it is.
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My poor post..... I have CP6 and it used to work OK on my old CP5! Sorry for causing confusion.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you imported a new set of cameras with the OV2 files? If so, the POI type is deduced from the name of the files (you should rename them to 'Speed Cameras.OV2/BMP' first). Then you will need to look under the Custom group, and enable them by whatever they were named as. Don't enable more than one type, if you want to avoid duplicates.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian.

I imported them as Excel files as I had done previously with CP5?
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While that is still necessary for the desktop, they won't get loaded on to the PDA with CP6.

However, the good news is you no longer have to reinstall CoPilot on the PDA to import them there. Now you just need to find the 'Single File' versions of the OV2 and BMP files, rename them to 'Speed Cameras.OV2/BMP' and drop them into the Save(?) directory on the PDA. When next you restart Copilot on the PDA, it will import the POI's from those files and delete them. It might take a minute or two.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
BMW 330ci Sport
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ian, you're a Gent.

I'll do that later tonight.
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot figure this out at all.

Bears no resemblance to the instructions I have for doing this.

Please confirm that I need to download:- CSV, OV2 and XLS files for CP6 on a MIO running PPC5.

Thanks.

Is anyone willing to talk me through this if I give you my number?
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the speed camera database off this website. Open up the .zip file and you will see loads of different types of files for the speed cameras. Drag the folder thats says 'Single File Version' onto your desktop.

Open up the folder 'Single File Version' that has now been dropped onto your Desktop. In that folder, double click on 'ov2 bmp files'. In there you will see 2 files. Rename both of these files to 'camera'. Just the word camera, leave out the quotes. The reason for this is that when CP6 reads out a speed camera, it usually quotes the name of the file first. Then it reads out the information for that particular camera. The original name of the speed camera file is far too long. It takes about 5 seconds just to tell you a speed camera is approaching. This is my personal preference though.

Once you rename both of these files, connect your PPC to your PC unless you have a card reader. Now, look on your PPC for the directory called storage card. Double click on that folder, now double click on the copilot folder, then click on the save folder. This is the directory structure you should see: \Storage Card\copilot\save

You should see a few files called: aopoi, in this folder, just so you know.
Just drag and drop both of the camera files you renamed earlier straight into this folder. Once this has been done, disconnect your PPC from your PC, or pop your card back into your PPC if it was in a card reader.

When you start CP6 on your PPC, it should take up to 5 minutes for the options in CP6 to appear. The welcome screen will stay on for up to 5 minutes before you can actually get into the options of CP6. Don't worry, this is normal. It will only take this long the first time. It will start quicker after the speed cameras are incororated into CP6.

Now when CP6 eventually loads, click on the button 'settings'. Now click on 'POI Alerts'. At the top of this page, click on 'Enable', then underneath, set the box to '0.5 mi'. Underneath, click on the button 'On Route'.

Now press the down arrow button once, in the bottom right hand corner so as you can see more of the POI that are available. Tap on the box next to 'custom' to put a tick in there. Now tap on the little 'plus' sign next to the tick. If you scroll down using the arrow, you should find an entry called 'camera'. Make sure this is ticked. If not, put a tick in there.

Now once you have done that, tap on the 'OK' button. This saves your settings. Just to make sure there are no conflicts, tap on the 'POI Alerts' button from the Menu again. This time tap on the arrow down button once, then tap on the arrow down button just above that when it appears, and go down to 'Travel & Transportation'. Tap on the little plus next to it, then arrow down to 'Safety Camera'. Make sure this is NOT TICKED. This is because you don't want a conflict with the ones that were built-in to CP6.

If all is ok, tap on the OK button. This will be all you need to do to install the speed cameras correctly. (Assuming I got all this right).

I think I edited the semi-colon out of the speed cameras myself, then saved it again. This is because every camera has a semi-colon in the name, so therefore it gets read out. I used POIEdit, Microsoft Word and Excel to remove the semi-colon, before re-saving it as an .ov2 file. Its not too long winded, but it could definitely do without the semi-colon in there. It does unfortunately need the speed camera number to be read out, because I deleted the speed camera number and the semi-colon, but CP6 treats every speed camera like an individual file, so therefore as there is more than one speed camera at the same speed, they get overwritten.

I hope this works for you, and anyone else having trouble with speed cameras. :D
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the following link ...

http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=287

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
BMW 330ci Sport
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL DONE AT LAST!!!

Thanks a million guys!

Derek.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iankb wrote:
While that is still necessary for the desktop, they won't get loaded on to the PDA with CP6.

However, the good news is you no longer have to reinstall CoPilot on the PDA to import them there. Now you just need to find the 'Single File' versions of the OV2 and BMP files, rename them to 'Speed Cameras.OV2/BMP' and drop them into the Save(?) directory on the PDA. When next you restart Copilot on the PDA, it will import the POI's from those files and delete them. It might take a minute or two.

I think you are incorrect in your assumption that you can only install via the OV2 route.

I am currently sucessfully loading my safety cameras into v6.0.0.68 on a MIO168 via the desktop application, exactly as I did with CoPilot v5. The warnings are audible too. On a test run earlier today, I was warned about a couple of redlight cameras and a GATSO (which spoke the speed limit too)

I am working from a PPC which was hard reset before loading, to ensure that there was no possibility of anything having been left behind on the PPC. The SD card was also wiped and formatted for the same reason.

Having said that, I am aware that there seem to be issues with some people finding a feature works fine, while for others it fails. How much of this is due to different version (I know of two for definate), and how much is an application/hardware issue I don't know.
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I did make a wrong assumption is that you still have to load them into the desktop via XLS/CSV files. The OV2 methods works fine on the desktop as well. Given the much faster speed of importing OV2 files, that is the best way to go.

The only problem is that, while I assume that the OV2 import method deletes all existing POI's with the same filename, if you change the filename, you will have to delete all of the AOPOI*.* files to remove the duplicates. This will then necessitate the re-import all of your other custom POI's.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
BMW 330ci Sport
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it that way Ian and it worked a treat, and very fast. I only use it for cameras anyway so losing other POI's is not an issue for me.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iankb writes:

Quote:
... I assume that the OV2 import method deletes all existing POI's with the same filename, if you change the filename, you will have to delete all of the AOPOI*.* files to remove the duplicates. This will then necessitate the re-import all of your other custom POI's.

I'm not sure what you're saying here, or whether the following makes things any clearer.

Certainly, downloading an OV2 database will over-write another OV2 database having an identical name, but it won't affect a POI database downloaded by the "old Copilot method"; i.e. by the Data Download Wizard (DDW). In fact, it is possible to have what amounts to the same POI database twice on the same PPC. I have tried it with speed cameras, and at least I can report that I don't get double warnings (except presumably where cameras are positioned inaccurately).

Nevertheless, I think that it is already clear from the forum that having two POI download methods is a source of confusion.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: