Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Auto Traffic updates DO NOT WORK on ipaq 5550
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Traffic updates DO NOT WORK on ipaq 5550

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Auto Traffic updates DO NOT WORK on ipaq 5550 Reply with quote

I have just received an email from TOMTOM support which is quite irritating. They have now tested Traffic, Tomtom 5.1 and the iPaq 5550 together and they have confirmed that, at present, this config does not work.

A warning to anyone out there with the same config, annoying as heck since I was quite a happy traffic user until I "upgraded" to version 5.

Come on Tomtom, what are you doing, test your bl**dy products before shipping them, I cant be the only 5550 user out here!

Annoyed

MS

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500
Jakle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Traffic with TT5 on a 5550 with no problem.

Why are you using v5.1 - the website suggests it's flaky on anything other than the 6000 series?
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: 5.1 Reply with quote

I am on 5.1 at Tomtoms suggestion!

Are you using the auto update / auto route recalculate functions? This is what fails in my config (5.0 and 5.1) initally all is well, then the updated just stop, and this is what Tomtom say they have duplicated.

Whats your configuration, I would love to know how to get it to work properly.....

MS

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500
JoeBirt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: TT Traffic on IPAQ 5550 Reply with quote

I have same problem - Ive got it set to Update every 15 Mins - sometimes it does sometime it doesnt

Running TT5 with the update for IPAQ 5550 version 5 2 1 i think - but version on TT% says 5.00

Please help Crying or Very sad
JoeBirt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote

Got update 5.01 to work today - BUT it wiped my BT settingsfor GPRS - took ages to find them again and still waiting to se if auto update at time requested works Rolling Eyes
nontechmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use an H5550 and have the same problem and have similar response from TT Support. In my case they offered to refund my subscription charge if I couldnt live with having to keep manually requesting traffic updates. This suggests there will never be a fix issued. Dont know if problem is limited to H5550 or why this might be - anybody out there got similar problems but not using H550?
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Not a solution Reply with quote

Well, I have now solved the problem by buying an Orange SPV M5000 instead, and get my updates via 3G, very regularly, thank you!

Thanks TOMTOM for not supporting my ipaq 5550 (also thanks for not heving the Traffic service up for the past few days, glad I pay for the service)

What on earth are they up to??

If I could find an application I liked better I would defect in an instant.

MS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: