Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't access TomTom 5 software!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't access TomTom 5 software!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Great_britain_Plus map folder is empty - is this right?

This is after I have reinstelled the UK (Plus) maps (twice!)
NicWood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: SD card problems Reply with quote

I get this about once every two months, last time I think it was when I switched off the unit whilst still in TTN5.

When I tried to start TTN5, it seemed to hang and nothing else would work. If I popped out the SD card, then TTN5 started, with the green screen, and when I said I agree, it tries to access the SD card, and then says no maps found.

I have an Orange M1000 (its a rebadged O2 XDAII) and that could see the data on the SD card.

Took the SD card and put it in a reader, reloaded maps, same thing so reformat the card and then load the maps and all works.

Sadly Ive had enough of TTN5, it regularly stops, or tries to navigate me down one way streets, or on/off motorways at the emergency vehicle entrances, and at least once a week wont get the traffic updates for my journey (80 miles into work).

When it does get traffic updates they are generally incorrect, (M2 in kent says is 1.5 hours delay when its running fine through roadworks, and gives no information at all on Blackwall in London when its a mile or more delays. The only reason I got it was the traffic, as I can find my way to work, and if it cannot do this basic thing then its worthless to me.

The PDA itself has been relatively OK, but if I leave it for more than 48hrs without a charge the PDA resets itself, and all loaded sofware is lost. Im a regular user of the reset button and if it wasn't for the fact that Im am IT director, id have thrown it away long ago (perhaps Im hardened to crappy software that hangs all the time).

TT support is at best bad, and when I had a faulty wire they asked me to send the old one back (I am obviously not clever enough to see the wire is faulty) after 3 weeks of no traffic, they sent the wrong wire back (have a tosh one if anyone wants it for postage only) and even though i have written to them complaining, not had a reply.

Im looking to get a new one in the new year, so will flog this lot on ebay, probably clear 20or 30 quid.

sorry to have Hijacked this post, but same errors are fixed by reformatting SD card as fussy TTN5 wont play until this is done.
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had exactly this problem. I checked all config files and they were pointing to the right map in the right location. However, on the SD card there were two .PNA files in "\SD Card\Great_Britain_Plus-Map"; one was for the plus map and one was for the old GB map which I had upgraded from. I deleted the old PNA file and Tom Tom started first time no snags !

I don't know if this is the fix but it workwed for me and I hope it helps someone else out.

Mike
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sland wrote:
I have just had exactly this problem. I checked all config files and they were pointing to the right map in the right location. However, on the SD card there were two .PNA files in "\SD Card\Great_Britain_Plus-Map"; one was for the plus map and one was for the old GB map which I had upgraded from. I deleted the old PNA file and Tom Tom started first time no snags !

I don't know if this is the fix but it workwed for me and I hope it helps someone else out.
Just confirmed this by putting my backup SD card into my iPAQ. The backup card is a mirror image of the main card. Funnily enough I got the no maps found error. deleted the old PNA file and it started first time on old card. swapped cards again and it still starts fine so i guess, for me, I've found a fix. Fingers crossed for the rest of you. Smile

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: