Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 700 POI speed sensitive?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 700 POI speed sensitive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSS1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: TomTom 700 POI speed sensitive? Reply with quote

I'm the unhappy owner Sad of a Garmin 340 (in fact 2 my father has one as well) and after two weeks of the system hanging have decided to return it. I'm now looking at the TomTom 700 (I'll use it in Europe) but a question about the camera POI settings. One of the settings with the Garmin unit I liked was the abilty to set the speed setting for each group if cameras, so 30mph for 30mph sites etc. I thought this was great as it didn't bother me if I was within the limit or in traffic. I've read through the 700 guide but can't see that this is possible to set.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 700 POI speed sensitive? Reply with quote

RSS1 wrote:
I'm the unhappy owner Sad of a Garmin 340 (in fact 2 my father has one as well) and after two weeks of the system hanging have decided to return it. I'm now looking at the TomTom 700 (I'll use it in Europe) but a question about the camera POI settings. One of the settings with the Garmin unit I liked was the abilty to set the speed setting for each group if cameras, so 30mph for 30mph sites etc. I thought this was great as it didn't bother me if I was within the limit or in traffic. I've read through the 700 guide but can't see that this is possible to set.

No it's not possible to set this using the standard software which is in the GO. I assume you mean you want it to only warn you about a camera if you are exceeding the limit?

The most it can do is set the distance away from the camera you are warned according to the speed rating of that camera.
RSS1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, I read through the forum about the settings for POI and different sounds etc. Think as a worse case at least I can set this it seems to sound off once. I used the database from Pocket GPS for the Garmin and downloaded all the CSV files that the Garmin unit used. Assume I need a diffent version for the TomTom in OV2 format?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need the one from here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php

Of course the feature you are missing from the Garmin might make it into V6!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: