Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Not allowed to enter roads
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Not allowed to enter roads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Not allowed to enter roads Reply with quote

I was navigating to an address that was on a road marked as "Not allowed to enter" (purple dashes). TomTom told me I had arrived at my destination as I passed the enterance to this road, but didn't give me any warning. Is there any way to get TomTom to navigate onto these sorts of roads?

Thanks

Rob
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Not allowed to enter roads Reply with quote

Rob,

unfortunately that's not currently possible. Maybe TomTom can add another voice prompt similiar to the congestion zone stuff...

Lutz

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

If, instead of navigating to the address, you select the location on the map and "Set as destination" it will direct you onto the road. Of course, this assumes that you know where you are going in the first place!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

I just select the destination on the map, this then allows navigation but you do need to know the location beforehand!

The dashed lines indicate the road is not a public road but this does not explain why it can direct you using one method but not the other, the nav data is obviously present in the map.
hornist
Regular Visitor

The other thing I've noticed about these roads (albeit based on a sample of one event so far!) is that TTN2 doesn't count them as exits at a roundabout. So if the second exit is a purple dashed road then the third exit will be spoken by TTN2 as the 'second exit' (if you get what I mean).

Paul
Rowen
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for all the replies!

When I was plotting my destination, I had to use multimap to get a long/lat from the postcode, as the road was un-mamed (another one of the things that are starting to iritate me about TomTom - that road *does* have a name!)

OTOH - it did manage to navigate out using the roads it refused to navigate into.... I'm sure if it gave some sort of warning like "Your destination can only be reached by using private roads - do you want to use this route (Yes/No)" that'd be fine....

Rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: