Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brodit Holder problem with TTG
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brodit Holder problem with TTG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vxer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Brodit Holder problem with TTG Reply with quote

Based on Mike's excellent article http://pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-brodit-mount-revisited.php, I ordered a Brodit clip 215078 to mount on an existing pro-clip. I should add that I have used the TT mount without problem to date. The problem I have is that the Brodit mount now seems stuck firmly to the TTG and the two can't be parted. The release button on the front of the TTG won't depress in the normal manner.

Of course, the TTG is now virtually useless as I can't use the unit and remove it when required - levaing it in the car is not a good solution - and I can't go back to the TT mount because the Brodit can't be removed.

I've emailed Handnav for help/guidance but I wondered if anyone else has had experience of the same mount (be they good or bad!)???

Cheers
wez99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vxer,
If you mean the 215038 and you have either the 300/500/700, then I have seen on a forum that the mount can interfere with the front cover.
The centre part was machined away to get around the problem.
All I can suggest is for you to try to remove the front cover of your Go, this may enable you to remove the Go from the mount.

John
vxer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: TTG300 and Brodit 215038 Reply with quote

Cheers Wez: Firstly - yes of course it's a 215038! Second - which part was machined away - do you know?. Thirdly - I can't see an obvious way to remove the front from the Go and I obvious do not want to damage it. I would interested to know of anyone who has had similar problems - and if so how has Brodit dealt with them???
wez99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vxer,
A picture of the modified mount can be found here.

The silver bezel is removeable, but as I have never removed one I can't help, other than to suggest levering it off with a credit card or something similar.

If you read all of the above posts there will be someone on there who will help?
If you want an alternative safe fixing method then PM me, I may be able to help.

John
vxer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Problem solved!! Reply with quote

John- now sorted - the bezel comes on and makes it easy to release. One point for Mike B (if he catches this): I know you said you had had no problems with the bracket BUT it would appear that other people had bad experiences AND that Handnav acknowledged that it didn't work. Perhaps you could amend your review with a warning?
Anyway - back to handnav for a refund!!

Thanks to all

Malcolm

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: