Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markhadley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Traffic Reply with quote

Im running the months free trial and nless im not using it correctly im not that impressed...

Im asking for updates every 3mins and telling the TT 300 to change the route if my route has delays.....

This morning I was travelling on my normal route from South London to Newbury, now I can either go A3-M25-M3-A339 or A3-A31-A331-M3-A339 and what I want the system to tell me is whether there is queing on the M25 and I can quickly get to the M3 or go the other route.....

Well as I sat in stationary traffic on the M25 my TT still said no delays on route Sad the overhead speed cameras said 40mph so surely the systems knew there was slow moving traffic? but the TT was not showing it......I also noticed displayed 5mins from last update! so how did that happen? it should update every 3 mins according to my settings!!!!

Anyone else use the Traffic function a lot and have any tips? or is it just not actually that good at updating info? I was expecting the M25 at least to have decent data!
strickers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got so disappointed with traffic showing no delays when there were and delays when there weren't that I cancelled it and got a refund!

Its just not good enough at the moment to justify any subscription, we are basically beta testing and paying for the privelege.

Come on TomTom, sort it out.
markhadley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame, it was one of the reasons I got the TT system, the rest of the system is good but this lets it down in my eyes
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic does have it's faults.

I have to say that owning two systems with TMC it's as good as any other system at the moment.

It has routed me around a number of major incidents saving me a lot of time. On the other hand it has tried to route me off the motorway for no reason and I've been in delays it hasn't picked up.

Swings and roundabouts in my opinion at the moment.

Do I think it's worth the money - NO!!!.

It's way too expensive for a service which regularly fails and has ttaken days to come back. The information isn't good enough to justify the price either.

Chris
gearcam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with all your comments the trafic part is not reliable and i will not be sending 69 euros to them also why is the uk subscription much higher than other countries in europe ?

I also have a Traffic Master which although is more expensive is much more reliable.
chookman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the Traffic 'service' for the month's free trial and must have just got lucky with it. It worked perfectly for the three new journies I was takinging at that time. On the basis of that, I subscribed. Since then two long system outages and very inaccurate information. I certainly won't be renewing my sub next year! I also have a Trafficmaster wich is excellent. Great pity that someone can't come up with a way of using the TM traffic info feeds on the TTG device - or can they?
markhadley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it actually worked (I think!!) on friday....

I had a route setup to take me on the A3 over the M25 and on to SOuth London, but when I came to the M25 it started telling me to take the motorway.....which i did...and when I looked up the slip road I saw the traffic backed up on the A3. However the route didnt redo itself on the device and I assume it wasnt looking for further delays on the old route, luckily there wernt any but I suspect it could be a bug on the system....the device re routes you when it finds delays on route, but it doesnt update the route on the map.?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: