Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WM 2005 with tomtom5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WM 2005 with tomtom5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigswede
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...some problems sorted out (or rather worked around).

This is my findings so far...

I have disabled the POI's and then TomTom5.1 stopped crashing while dragging the map around.

If I start TomTom5.1 and do not get any connection to my GPS I solve this by start up GPS-viewer (or any other GPS-softwae) while TomTom5.1 is running.
Toggles the Open/Close GPS button until I get a NMEA stream in GPS-viewer log window.
Close the GPS-viewer and voila...TomTom5 works.

It seems that TomTom5.1 is not able to open the GPS port somehow and needs a little help.

/BigSwede
jonburg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigswede - I've got exactly the same setup as you X51v and Holux GPSlim236).

In WM2005 Bluetooth connections I've got the holux paired and an outgoing port created on COM7(secure connection ticked)
In WM2005 GPS I've got Program Port (none), Hardware Port(none) and I have unticked the Manage GPS Automatically.
In TT5.1 I have selected 'Other BT GPS on COM7).

It takes about 30-60 seconds for the GPS device to be found and then to lock on when I start TT5.1 but after that it is discovered every time without fail so it should work for you too.

(I also had the crashing problem and disabling the POI worked for me too).
bigswede
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT !

Thanx Jonburg !!

It works for me to. It found the GPS in no time !

/BigSwede
muverma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: How to connect bluetooth GPS receiver with XDA Exec? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have just received the XDA Exec from O2 but can't figure out why my bluetooth GPS (BT-338) is not connecting with XDA.

I have already paired it but can't find how to view the status?
Earlier I installed TT5 but couldn't connect to GPS. I thought may be it is due to TT5 installation. But after TT5 uninstallation, still can't see the connection of GPS.

I have selected the serial port and in the COM port have tried com0, 4, 8 but without success.

Please help me.

Thanks.

After sometime,
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to the bluetooth setings hightlight the gps reviever you paired then check the box next to serial port then select edit then set com 8 ill try to post a guide to set up if I get chance this weekend as I need to pair another receiver ill right down what I do (thatll be a change)

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
muverma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
go to the bluetooth setings hightlight the gps reviever you paired then check the box next to serial port then select edit then set com 8 ill try to post a guide to set up if I get chance this weekend as I need to pair another receiver ill right down what I do (thatll be a change)

I did the same thing. But there is a "?" mark in front of the GPS receiver. Like in XDA 2i, there was an option to manually connect it. But I couldn't find it in XDA Exec. After 10 minutes, the GPS receiver shuts down by itself as it is connected.
Naz_mda2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys i have an XDA2 with WM5 and ive managed to install TomTom Nav 5 and when i launch the program it goes all dark. Ive gone into backlight and unchecked turn off after when inactive for a certain time, but the back light still seems to be off when in tomtom. Any ideas?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to pair the receiver then set the comport manually on the exec

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
probel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: O2 Exec + Tom Tom 5 Reply with quote

I see all these problems and wonder I should buy one or not. Does anyone know if O2 are going to offer a patch as it seems that this is a big mistake to offer a new PDA that does not offer GPS. I have been holding off for several months to buy GPS and now feel very disappointed that this new PDA will not work with Tom Tom, any suggestions please?
probel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 5 + O2 exec Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am not sure whether to purchase or not as POI is important to me.
Am I better off getting another variety of PDA? I rather like the O2 exec and hope a patch might come out soon, what does anyone think?
johnwx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK forgive the Dumb question.....
Just got my XDA exec have disks for TT5.0 and the downloaded upgrade from TOMTOM web site to TT5.1.
It is an exe file how do I get the CAB files from this self exec zip file?
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BV wrote:
Hi to any experts on the forum.
I have an XDAIIs, which after I went to corporate mode has worked beautifully with TOM TOM 5.1. It allows full operation of incoming calls etc whilst working great with traffic plus.
However I am being seduced with a free upgrade to that big beauty of a device, the XDA exec.
This operates WM5 os and it appears to have a problem running TOM TOM, as contributors on this forum have explained.
Is there an idiot proof way of overcoming this or should I stick with the XDAIIs or will TOM TOM make it compatible with WM5 soon?

Many thanks, BV.

Where did you get the offer for a free upgrade??? Does anyone know that if you have been a contract holder with o2 for the past 12 months, can you upgrade to the o2 exec after that 12 months or before ???

After, can you be sneeky and the cancel your contract when you have just upgraded to the exec for a mere snippet of the price when ever you want... eg.1 day after you receive the handset?!?!?! Twisted Evil
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnwx wrote:
It is an exe file how do I get the CAB files from this self exec zip file?

Try having a read of this thread from a while back it details how to get the CAB files - Mike
horrgakx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donge900 wrote:
That is the trick! Thanks!

It didn't work for me Sad I can't get ttn.cab to install, the device (K-JAM) says it was unsucessful.

I bought it today at PCWorld in Gateshead, a special 200 mile round trip. The PLEB at PC World KNEW I had a K-JAM and still sold me the product.

I think I might take it back tomorrow and get a Go500 or something instead.

Dave
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try to re-post the link - not too sure why its not there - Mike
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27097&highlight=cab+files

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: