Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Programme not responding
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Programme not responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Programme not responding Reply with quote

Can anyone help. Downloaded a voice onto Tom Tom Go 300 - didnt like it so deleted. Since then I now cant do anything with it on PC. It keeps saying programme not responding when I try to open up any of the files on the TomTom. What have I done? Cant even use my back up file. If I use the reset button on bottom will I lose the camera files and will I have to put on again? Sad
AndGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bottom reset is just like resetting a computer, you dont lose any files.

Can anyone verify this?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Programme not responding Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Have reset but not making any difference. TomTom works in car ok just cant get it to respond on PC. I can see the files that are on there but as soon as I try to do anything it just freezes. Also on tomtom screen have hand crossed and egg timer staying on - is that right. I know you should not remove without telling computer first that you want to remove hardware and I have done this each time but can never get rid of the crossed out hand etc. Help anyone? Have left message on tomtom.com but dont know how long it will be before they reply. May try to call them if no-one can help:(
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulty USB connection?
Think I've read that the USB lead supplied with the TomTom is not very good. Can you try another one? Make sure it is really well pushed in to the socket on the Go.
You can always just take the SD card out of the Go and use a card reader on the PC (they're very cheap, my new printer at work came with one built in). I use my digital camera's USB lead at home and the printer at work - the Go's USB lead is still in the box!
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Programme not responding Reply with quote

Thanks will c if my camera lead fits. I do not have a card reader except built in to my printer - can I use this? I dont know, I dont think so except for pictures from camera. The other thing that worries me - every time I try to connect the tomtom I have to disconnect it with the red cross and egg timer still on it - is this ok or am I causing more problems?
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Lead wont fit Reply with quote

Have just tried camera lead but not the same unfortunately - looks like I will have to call them. I must have done something wrong at some point but dont know what Sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try putting it in the printer. I've got an Epson R300 and thought the slots were just for printing directly from a camera's memory card; but when I plug in the TomTom's card, Windows recognises it as a new drive just like when you plug the TomTom itself in.

Also you could try another USB port on the PC if you have one spare or can swap something round. I have some software at work that is protected by a security key "dongle" - that has to be connected to the same USB port or it gets confused...
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Programme not responding Reply with quote

Decided to have a break and went to pub. Back now. Thanks for latest info - have tried all of the above - when I put it into printer was ok to start with then stopped half way through. Will try again. Also tried other port but that didnt work either. Have called tomtom 6 or 7 times but not getting through. Have e:mailed them - hopefully they will get back to me. If anyone has any other suggestions I would be happy to try anything to get it working again on the pc. Luckily it hasnt stopped it working in the car. Thanks again
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: extra info Reply with quote

Just got to actually click on voices but said it couldnt open it due to an "I/O error" does anyone know what this means?
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: extra info cont'd Reply with quote

Sorry an I/O device error
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Programme now responding Reply with quote

Finally got printer to act as card reader properly. Have now wiped sd card clean and as I had taken a copy previously I have copied everything back onto card and all is now ok. Thanks anyway for your help. :D
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, where did you download the voice from?
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Dodgy disc Reply with quote

The disc was from a friend's brother. She had not tried it because she did not have activesync. I have warned her not to use it and to let her brother know there must be something wrong with it. At one point when I tried to download another, knowing I could redo sd card, it said file too deep???? I will use a website in future.
nikmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Your website Reply with quote

Have just looked at your website and saved it to my favourites. Will only use bonifide sites in future. Thanks for that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: