Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go v's Navman 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go v's Navman 520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobM2208
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go v's Navman 520 Reply with quote

I have just (yesterday actually) bought my first ever Navman Sat Nav. I did own a TT Go 500 which was stolen from my vehicle (I know silly mistake). I have to say that whilst to compare the 2 is like comparing aplles and oranges the NavMan as a purely sat nav system wins hands down for its accuracy and sped of response.

Ok so the TT Go has features such as:
Avoid Roadblock
7 digit postcode search
Blue tooth hands free calling
ETA to destination etc

TT kinda lost the plot when TT started giving a bluetooth handsfree function and 7 digit post code search capability instead of investing thier R&D money where it was really required (ie accurate mapping). Blue tooth hands free kits start at £15 these days and as the TT Go phone speaker quality is so bad and it interfeared with the navigation I always used my own blue tooth kit anyway.7 digit post code search is great but not if the map used to get you there is inaccurate (as TT's always have been)

I also love the speed with which the NavMan acquires satelites compared to TT (3 miles travelled sometimes before it picked up a signal)

So now (for the timebeing) I am a Nav Man convert but who knows, I love gadgets and will eagerly await the next sat nav manufacturer that produces something better

For now though I'll sit back and wait for all the TT Go fans slate my opinion
Regards
Rob
RobM2208
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the typo's in this thread I hit the submit button instead of the review button. But I'm sure you'll get my point
Laughing
RobM2208
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Ohhh by the way did you know.... Reply with quote

that when I bought the NavMan (520) for £349.99 I also got a free Snooper SR2 thrown in (retail £129.99)

So try your local Halfords store. I surfed the net before going there and found the prices were pretty much the same by the time you added delivery.
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my experience is one of the opposite.I started with a GO300 and was very pleased with it but decided to try something a bit more portable so opted for the Navman ICN510 which although was quite nice the sound was nowhere near as good as the TomTom so sold that on Ebay and purchased a Navman 630 v3 which had far superior sound to the ICN510.I thought I was a Navman convert so I aquired at a bargain price, a Navman ICN635 v3. I now have gone back to a Go500 due to having sat lock problems with the 630 and 635(even with external aerial) and losing signals with Navmans. I find the TomTom locks immediately and I always have full signal.The back on track function is near instant and the user interface is far superior to a Navman.Also my experience of the maps is in favour of the TomTom.
Admittedly the bluetooth hands free is not as good as it could be but is adequate for use in my truck.I have a Parrot CK3100 in my car anyway.
All in all I have to say that TomTom 500 is the best of the bunch that I have tried.

Each to his own?

DracUK

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: