Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrading to SmartSt 2005
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading to SmartSt 2005
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raetsel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Upgrading to SmartSt 2005 Reply with quote

I have purchased the Upgrade to SmartSt 2005 and the latest Maps. The upgrade of my 510 went OK but I can't install the new maps. I have deleted all the old maps from my card, activated the new maps but then get E10000: Internal Navman Error.
I have e-mailed support but not had a reply yet.
Any ideas what the problem could be.
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Upgrading to SmartSt 2005 Reply with quote

The problem may well be caused by McAfee - I had a similar problem, but was able to install using a laptop which was not using McAfee... I disabled McAfee firewall, but this did not appear to make any difference :-( I suspect I will be going back to Norton.
raetsel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not using McAfee, but Norton and ZoneAlarm Pro as a fire wall. I have after tried disabling both, using a second laptop without ZoneAlarm but still get the same error.
Still nothing from Navnam Support.
enanjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought about spending £29 on the upgrade myself (after spending £149 on european maps and now they are selling newer ones for £99) perhaps I should hang on a while? let us know how you get on and is it worth the money?
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: £29 upgrade for iCN 510 Reply with quote

I have just bought this and entered ok - but it doesn't seem clear whether i can still use my v3 UK & Irelands maps that were originally loaded or whether there is a new map set that i have to load & if the latter - is it on the upgarde cd - or have i now been conned into having to make yet another separate purchase? Nothing on Navman site and an attempt at emailing them returned an error when attemting to send.

Anyone got any ides?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: £29 upgrade for iCN 510 Reply with quote

Nigbo wrote:
I have just bought this and entered ok - but it doesn't seem clear whether i can still use my v3 UK & Irelands maps that were originally loaded or whether there is a new map set that i have to load & if the latter - is it on the upgarde cd - or have i now been conned into having to make yet another separate purchase? Nothing on Navman site and an attempt at emailing them returned an error when attemting to send.

Anyone got any ides?

If you bought the £29 software upgrade, that's what you will have. You will still be able to use your V3 maps. If, on the other hand, you had opted for the £99 option then you'd have got the updated software and maps, as described on the Navman store website here. If you click on More Details... for European maps and SmartST2005 software then those pages explain this.
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Tim
Rich-1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But still according to their description, UK/Ireland covers ONLY major ciy updates "......UK & Ireland (Major Cities)". Two separate emails to Navman in the past couple of weeks for clarification on this, have elicited no response. If only continental country maps have been revised and not the UK, its of less value for UK users.
spangle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: 2005 maps Reply with quote

Hi Raetsel.
I got my maps today and had the same trouble,got in touch with Navman tech support and they told me that they have a problem and are working on it.
Spangle
raetsel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman support have informed me of the following :
"We have been told this morning that there has been a bug in the Map Activating server, (error1000) but it's fixed now this morning, so you ought to be able to make it work from today, if you will please try again."

I have tried agian and my new maps have now installed successfully.
The main changes I have found are the ability to see railway lines, the London congestion charge area is clearly visible and my local city centre road changes have been applied. The input of postcode and address details is better as is the display of the 'goto' point. I also like having a 'Home' button.
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth the upgrade for £29 - much more user friendly for finding locations
ShirleyTemple
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigbo,

Could you give us a bit more detail on the benefits of the £29 upgrade please.
Much appreciated.....
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me, i found the previous original version unable to find some locations (even tho when u get there, they are on the map !). Take my daughters house that I had been to, but needed to set the satnav for my wife (who literally is the original with no sense of direction). The satnav would not recognise the post code or address - so I had to pick somewhere nearby which it did recognise. For an unknown destination, this makes it very difficult if you have no idea where it is or anything nearby to relate to - having never been.

This upgrade asks you for the post code input - shows you the no. of areas covered by that postcode and then asks if you want to locate streets in that postcode area - which it then lists the possibilities against your typed input. A much better accuracy than the original.

If my wife can use it & not get lost - it is a miracle piece of kit - believe me
ShirleyTemple
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Nigbo,

What about the "New Optimised routing and guidance"
and the "New Navigate to 'Home' Option", could you give us some idea of what they mean?

Once again much appreciated.
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi shirley - that's it - perhaps i can't explain it too well. The navigation aspects for input are much more user friendly / practical than before

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: