Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update your TomTom with the latest maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update your TomTom with the latest maps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Update your TomTom with the latest maps Reply with quote

The cities we live in are constantly changing. Keep your TomTom up to date by downloading the latest map of your region with new streets and buildings. We will update our map data regularly and we’ll soon be offering those maps for download. More details about this great new service will be announced in our monthly Email Newsletter.

Available soon..................

from tomtom web site
does anyone know what this will mean , i suppose it will be another pay thing
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What monthly email Newsletter?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
What monthly email Newsletter?

The one you can sign up to on their web site - but never turns up Smile
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it's like waiting for the Tom Tom Newsletter.
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Update your TomTom with the latest maps Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:

How much you want to bet that this is for TT5 only? The rest of us mugs who prefer TT3 just want new maps . . . I don't want the downgrade too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Update your TomTom with the latest maps Reply with quote

anarchy-inc wrote:
andy-c1 wrote:

How much you want to bet that this is for TT5 only? The rest of us mugs who prefer TT3 just want new maps . . . I don't want the downgrade too.

What's the betting on this being for individual large cities only - and the maps will not integrate seamlessly into the GB maps?
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Update your TomTom with the latest maps Reply with quote

alan_m wrote:
What's the betting on this being for individual large cities only - and the maps will not integrate seamlessly into the GB maps?

True. I was just wondering though if any other of the PDA mapping software out there has a map update feature? I have no desire to update the software unless there is a patch for a bug fix, all I want is new maps. I am asking too much? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Update your TomTom with the latest maps Reply with quote

anarchy-inc wrote:
alan_m wrote:

True. I was just wondering though if any other of the PDA mapping software out there has a map update feature? I have no desire to update the software unless there is a patch for a bug fix, all I want is new maps. I am asking too much? Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately, yes you are. It doesn't make sense for any software company to support old versions of the software for very long.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just really want to know is this going to be like updating your uk maps to the correct data every month or so ,or as updated stuff comes though ,as this would be a great service and would put an end to all this fussing over outdated maps and it would be a brilliant service ,no doubt there will be charges ..as it seems tomtom will try make a buck out of anything these days ,but if it means newer maps "that are correct" i would pay if it was at a reasonable amount
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Update your TomTom with the latest maps Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
Unfortunately, yes you are. It doesn't make sense for any software company to support old versions of the software for very long.

But we have NEVER had one map update . . . . it is always bundled with new software.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have software that worked as advertised and put up with the slightly out of date maps. When the serious bugs like lag that wasn't in TT4, and early announcements that were not in TT4, and the power leak that wasn't in TT4 etc etc are addressed, I will start to worry about whether the maps are a little out of date (by "little" I mean ten years in some places round here).
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they are intending to release map upgrades that fix existing faults. The marketing director of TeleAtlas has told me that TeleAtlas are releasing their latest maps to TomTom this month (October) including over 50 of my reported errors now corrected. I then asked TomTom if they would be releasing this to their customers and they replied that a map upgrade is not due until next year, and then only if approved by the board of directors.

Meanwhile their website still claims that TT5 uses 'the latest and most complete maps from the world-leader in digital mapping, TeleAtlas'. A clear untruth, which I have asked them to remove.
raptorheli2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the maps released in this month will be in TTN6 which will be out say next july/aug at a guess. then those maps will be a year out. never ending circle.

they should do the decent thing and give TT users the new maps.

cheers
anarchy-inc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raptorheli2 wrote:
so the maps released in this month will be in TTN6 which will be out say next july/aug at a guess. then those maps will be a year out. never ending circle.

they should do the decent thing and give TT users the new maps.

cheers

It has been said before, but I'd gladly pay to get a yearly update.
raptorheli2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats what your doing. just they call the update TTN5 this year and next year it will be TTN6 etc etc.

cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: