Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tt3 no go on e750!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tt3 no go on e750!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: tt3 no go on e750! Reply with quote

. i have found some info from pc-mobile.com that the e740/750 does not have seem to have the provision of rs-232 serial connection in its hardware so connecting a external gps is nearly impossible(wired). it maybe done with extra cables and drivers but there is a power question,does it put out enough?so maybe bt is the way to go, have any of you folks any knowledge of this?thanks
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the 1930 is the same it does not serail on the base, you can get IR based GPS equipment but i dont know of any for your Toshiba
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: thanks for reply Reply with quote

StevenGourlay wrote:
Yeah the 1930 is the same it does not serail on the base, you can get IR based GPS equipment but i dont know of any for your Toshiba
thanks for your reply,looks like it will have to be BT, i am thinking of the tom toms own model so it may be used with mobile 5 tom tom in the future, because i have been told this only operates on it own gps receiver, thanks for your help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humber, have a look at this months PDA Essentials Mag (issue 42 is the one I have got). It contains a Q & A section which will detail you Tosh unit and the required leads to couple it to a GPS - Mike
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: my question in pda ess, Reply with quote

hi mike, the question in the pda essentials mag is from myself,but if you look on the pc-mobile link page you will see that they say it maybe could be done but look at the WARNINGS, i dont think it is worth the risk they say the power out put is 100ma, and the gps needs 500ma so this may cause a big problem and cause damage to the pda, i think bt may be the safer bet, the toshiba has not been built with a serial connection in mind,thanks mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair shout, there is little point in trying it if it might cause damage, I think your best bet will be the Bluetooth route - Mike
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: thanks mike Reply with quote

thanks for your replys mike they have been very helpful,do you think the tom tom gps recevier is ok or would you suggest a better model,thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: