Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin StreetPilot i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin StreetPilot i3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinbev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks zogman it was too simple. I hadnt scrolled down far enough. I managed to delete the favourite items which I had input, but it seems you cannot delete the factory set items such as in Auto Services. Just thought I would try and customise the unit to how I want it and not how it was shipped. Also tried doing master reset (think thats what it is with all 3 buttons pressed on startup), but that just defaults to factory setting. Also had a look at the service settings (on/off button and back button) to no avail.
Jaz666
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MELennium wrote:
Just had a closer look at the Maplin 4 page leaflet they sent me, on the back page at the bottom it says:

PS.

This month's offers are only valid between 10th September-8th October 2005 so make sure you get your order in to avoid disappointment.

If that is not misleading then what is?

It's not misleading at all.
The i3 was promoted by Maplin on the front page of their offer leaflet as a new product (can't remember the exact wording). It made no mention of a special reduced price which would go up this weekend.
If you pick up a leaflet you'll see some items are on sale at a reduced price, and some are just featured items which are being promoted at their regular price.

Everyone's got an i3 at the lowest price possible, so why compain - just enjoy it!
robh66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to all on here for your comments. They enabled me to decide on buying an i3. So picked up my i3 from PC World last weekend (local Maplins out of stock), had to sign the receipt to say it was supplied without a CD or they wouldn't let me buy it. Downloaded drivers etc and 4 trips and 700 miles later I'm very pleased.

Just one question in the light of the discussion on whether to register or not... the registration page asks for a 7 digit Registration Code. I've got nothing with a 7 digit code on! Am I missing something?
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robh66 wrote:

Just one question in the light of the discussion on whether to register or not... the registration page asks for a 7 digit Registration Code. I've got nothing with a 7 digit code on! Am I missing something?

if you take of the battery lid there is an eight digit number on the inside ..this apparently is the serial number that you need to register..if the online registration form does not accept this number you then phone garmin with this number and the units id (which is on the 'about' page in the menu ) .garmin will then give you an activation code with which you can register...i just wonder if this is all worth it though!....
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike, thanks for adding the garmin compatible speed camera database. feel free to use the bmp's that are in my zip file (MaFt.co.uk/i3) in the next few days i'll remove the speed cams from my zip and point a link to the official download

cheers

MaFt
chic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had a confirmation email from garmin that updated v8 maps will be released in november,at the moment they cant say if us early adopters are entitled to a free upgrade untill the maps are released. They say if we have to pay the cost is £75 +vat
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that info chic......i for one will hold back my registration until the new v8 maps come out...
gazthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chic wrote:
i have had a confirmation email from garmin that updated v8 maps will be released in november,at the moment they cant say if us early adopters are entitled to a free upgrade untill the maps are released. They say if we have to pay the cost is £75 +vat

if they don't offer the early adopters a free upgrade then I for one will have spent my last penny with Garmin...if they feel the need to release an updated version so soon into the life of the product then the thing was/is clearly out of date at the time of purchase...I would not be happy!!
Minidish
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chic for the update.

I haven't had a reply as yet for my enquiry sent Sep 7. might be a good idea to help them in decision making process if everyone who has registered the i3 contacts Garmin or/and start a thread on here? just relating to this topic.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry minidish, garmin do read this forum ,in fact the 'enhancemnet requests' thread has been made a sticky so garmin can monitor it.....
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent to garmin today:

Hi, I understand from other users that there will be an update to the maps on the Streetpilot i3 some time in November. Some users have mentioned at www.pocketgpsworld.com that they have been told by Garmin that if they register their product after the new map software is released then they will get a free upgrade to the new version regardless of when the unit was purchased. I registered my product as soon as I received it does this mean I will not be elligable for the map software update when it is released? If so I think this is quite appalling! If the map software was released, for example, a year after the i3 came out then fair enough, but it has only been out a matter of weeks so clearly it was released with out of date maps - is this why it was so cheap? Now I understand you want to charge us to have it up to date so soon? I hope to hear from you soon.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
By the way loved the emails MaFt....thought i was very popular or something when i found i had 47 emails this morning... Laughing

sorry Sad i'm trying to forget this incident...
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsy10 wrote:
It appears that Mike's database does not include the continental cameras and some of the bmp files would need to be converted to colour bitmap to show up on the i3.

I have uploaded a nother version with corrected bitmaps now. Oldie provided a set with the prevailing speed indicated.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/garmin-poi-loader-speed-cameras.php
Minidish
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Map update Reply with quote

Just received reply from Garmin.

Quote:
Hi,

There is going to be a mapping update at some point before the end of the year but we don't have a date at the moment. The only people who will get the free update are people who have either bought and registered the product with v7 mapping up to a month before the update to v8 came out, or the people who buy and register their unit once the update is out.
Regards,

Jessica Jarratt
Service/Support Associate

Garmin (Europe) Ltd
http://www.Garmin.com
http://www.Garmin.com/support/

So there we have it all depends when they bring the new version out.
I say pay them overtime rate to hurry it up :D
CamerAlert on Galaxy S2
Wife 4 backup
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in addition to mafts and the pocketworld poi sites heres another one which you can pick and choose your poi's.... ...

http://www.getoutguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/poidownloads/

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 24 of 39

Jump to: