Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS Selling V's What you actually recieve
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS Selling V's What you actually recieve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garymcleanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Selling V's What you actually recieve Reply with quote

I recently purchased a brand new HP Ipaq 3715, with the view to run TOMTOM 5 and a GPS receiver.

Im very happy with the Ipaq as with all HP equipment I buy and work with.

I then discovered a link to the PDAMODS website, hunting down a In Car Mount and GPS receiver to run TOMOM with. I purchased the Rikaline 6010 Receiver along with a TOMTOM custom mount and RJ11 - PS2 converter.

I was excited to receive the package, so I sought about setting it up.

First problem, the so called TOMTOM mount would not stay inplace, as the part that is meant to hold it fast, was not and fell apart.

Secondly after getting the GPS receiver, I then thought, "Wait, where's are the manuals, CD's, Warranty card ". This is the package contents that's advertised on PDAMODS website, and on Rikaline's website.

All i had was a GREY, GPS receiver with no manufacture marks on it at all supplied in a plastic bag.

After my disgust, I decided to send it ALL back, costing me over a Fiver.

I then called another site, and discussed the same thing with them, hoping not to get the same crap. After a few minutes, the sales person said that they do the same thing, BUT only if you buy the Value Pack.

The Value pack this other site sells, comes with an OEM GPS receiver. Bingo... PDAMODS are charging your for a Full Retail Kit, and I received the OEM version.

I am in dispute with them at the moment! Even the TOMTOM Custom mount PDAMODS sell, is supposed to be the same as this other site, but the so called Green LED to show its being charged, its RED.

So, this is really a telling off for PDAMODS and a recommendation not to use them.. There Sales Line is out sourced to India.... :x
roon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truely dispicable service. If they are charging full price for OEM kit, then everyone should steer well clear of these rip off merchants.

Who exatcyly do they think they are? Are they really that stupid that they think its acceptable to do this?

Noonne should buy frm ppl like this. A disgrace!
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Reply with quote

roon wrote:
Truely dispicable service. If they are charging full price for OEM kit, then everyone should steer well clear of these rip off merchants.

Who exatcyly do they think they are? Are they really that stupid that they think its acceptable to do this?

Noonne should buy frm ppl like this. A disgrace!

PDAMODS Twisted Evil AND ALL THE OTHER NAMES THEY DISGUISE THEMSELVES AS Twisted Evil

Yes, they do 8O
You're only a stupid customer afterall Embarassed

We won it 5 times, We won it 5 times.
In Istanbul, We won it 5 times.

Football Capital of the World.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: