Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin StreetPilot i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin StreetPilot i3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leedle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickC, I can't believe the volume that can come out of this tiny thing! On its loudest setting it's loud!

Problem then is, that it's usually too loud when you're driving slowly and there's little engine noise. One good thing about my old Navigator 5 was that it adjusted the volume according to your speed. Great feature...maybe one for the enhancement requests thread.
NickC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies - I'll go out and get one at the weekend!!
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Newbie1234 thinks he/she has done nothing wrong or has merely used a loophole in the law, then, stand up and name youself, post your details, you got nothing to hide, have you
Question[/quote]
I think some people on this forum take themselves far too seriously!
And as for ripping off garmin/Pc World, yeh i have no problems with that, if you think that the I3 costs £199 to build in the sweatshops of the far east, the you are a bigger fool than you seem! It is simply eating into there over inflated profits! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

As for my name an address? kiss my ass!
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbie1234....nobody is whiter than white...i bet plod999 at one time or other has told a white lie when returning a product back to a shop or done 40mph in a 30mph road....you made an genuine mistake on the power cable and i personnaly would have done the same as you...
danoli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
newbie1234....nobody is whiter than white...i bet plod999 at one time or other has told a white lie when returning a product back to a shop or done 40mph in a 30mph road....you made an genuine mistake on the power cable and i personnaly would have done the same as you...

A genuine mistake? He cut the cable then manually wired it to a 12volt battery frying the unit, stupidity in my eyes and WE all suffer in the long run. Next you will tell me insurance fraud is acceptable..... who pays the higher premiums.

I repeat, newbie1234, stand up and announce yourself to the world, you have done nothing wrong have you?
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a genuine mistake if you think that by cutting off the plug and hardwiring will be ok, not everyone is a computer expert and therefore has this kind of knowledge ....and i'm sure you learnt by your mistakes as well...
danoli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
it is a genuine mistake if you think that by cutting off the plug and hardwiring will be ok, not everyone is a computer expert and therefore has this kind of knowledge ....and i'm sure you learnt by your mistakes as well...

I do learn by my mistakes. What I do not do is pass the losses to someone else. If he didn't know what he was doing, he should not have done it, period!
RichardCr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect guys, this is a gps forum - not a forum to discuss the morals of subscribers or whether they've broken the law or not.

Can we please close this subject.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway what is done is done and we can all decide in our own minds who is right or wrong..

end of subject i hope......
danoli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
anyway what is done is done and we can all decide in our own minds who is right or wrong..

end of subject i hope......

Fine by me Wink
Tubal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Thank heaven for mobiles Reply with quote

Got a transflash card from The Link Mobile Phone shop with SD adaptor included. 256 Mb for £29. I tried the net but all suppliers seemed to be sold out of the 256Mb.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just looked on the garmin site re updating and cant find any ref to a period of time for new map software releases although i found you can fill in form with 'error' reports on roads etc.....it must be a massive job to keep up with all the closed streets and new estates popping up every where but thats the beauty of the i3 where it can quickly recalculate when you do hit a closed road....
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank heaven for mobiles Reply with quote

Tubal wrote:
Got a transflash card from The Link Mobile Phone shop with SD adaptor included. 256 Mb for £29. I tried the net but all suppliers seemed to be sold out of the 256Mb.

digital depot here in sunny swindon sell a scandisk tranflash 256mb for £22.39 inclusive delivered...

https://secure.hitech-uk.com/index.html
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont really know how 'detour' works to be honest..i tried it once and it didnt do much except recalculate my existing route..
the garmin manaul states re detour ..''The streetpilot also attempts to get you back on the original route as soon as possible''

if you do come across a closed road i suppose you could drive a bit further up the road where the i3 will recalculate and send you to your destination maybe a different way..
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
i get directed up a road which has just been recently closed off and rebuilt into a bus station where the buses turn around.... Confused

There is a form for reporting map errors on the Navteq and TeleAtlas websites.

As a work around, you can add a custom "Avoid" to the area if your GPS supports this. Alternatively, you can just drive past the dead-end road and let it recalculate the route for you.

Failing that you could complain to BBC's Watchdog program and get yourself on TV.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 20 of 39

Jump to: