Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transfering TTM5 onto different RSDVMMC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfering TTM5 onto different RSDVMMC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerryBlyth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Transfering TTM5 onto different RSDVMMC Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've tried copying the files from the supplied Tomtom card onto my PC, and then back onto a 512MB card I just bought, but can't seem to open the application on the new card. I've tried showing all system/hidden files, and even done a comparison of file sizes, and everything seems to be in order.

Maybe I'm being a cheapskate, but I don't see the sense in buying a card reader to perform this one-off task, so is there a way of transferring the files without a reader?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try this via ActiveSync. The cardreader is the only proper solution.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
TerryBlyth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the quick response! I didn't use ActiveSync, I used the Nokia PC Suite that came bundled with my phone.

If I need to use a card reader then so be it, but I would be interested to know why copying files in the way I did doesn't have the desired effect.
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry, I have wondered the same with my P910. Using the reader built into my laptop I can see the file structure on the sticks, but using the USB stand which clicks into the phone doesn't enable me to see all of the internal & external memory of the phone....

It must be the way the phone accesses the memory I guess....?

Rolling Eyes
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant to say that I have used the Nokia program (did have a 9210) and I'm sure it is the same as active sync. It wouldn't get around the problem (...of the memory being within the phone) even if it wasn't.
TerryBlyth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I'm guessing it's Nokia's way of stopping people from interfering too much with the software.

To give an update though, I got a card reader, and dumped my original 64MB card onto the new 512MB one, followed by the TTM5 card, and it didn't work. The application showed up, but clicking on it just resulted in a pause of 1 sec, then back to the menu screen.

So I reformatted the 512MB card, and put the TTM5 card onto it before my original card, and hey presto, it's now all there and working! Any ideas why this would be the case?

I guess all that's left is to hope that the software makes up for the entire afternoon spent trying to get it all sorted out!!! Thanks for everybody's input.
zudrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Memory Card Problems Reply with quote

Just so everyboby remmbers in the future, always format your memory card with the phone your going to use it on, then remove it, using your card reader to transfer the files ie (jpg,gif,png,,mid,mp3,gp3 or anything else) over onto it,(including system and hidden files) then reinstall the card back into your phone,wait a few seconds(depends on how much data was transfered onto card) and hay presto.
I found this out the hard way, but i've started to use this way and it always works. all the best mate
Explorer999111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: TT Mobile 5 on Nokia 6600 Reply with quote

I've tried to do this but keep having problems with the transfer of three files.... cline.dat , cname.dat and cnode.dat. All are present in the Great Britain folder. When either dragging/drop or cut and paste, those particular files keep throwing up error - unable to copy correct path not specified or similar. The card reader then shuts down. Have read the other posts regards similar probs but they don't seem to help - can anyone please? Sad
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just done mine
make sure there not hidden copy and paste all of the orig sd card to a new folder on the pc put the new card in the fone and format it in the fone then put card in the card reader and copy and paste all the items in the new folder to the card and it WILL work
?does the orig card still work thou??
make sure you copy the folders not just 1 folder which contains the folders
i have 13?? Rolling Eyes

great britain map images itn licences others raster schemes sounds system tomtom videos voices zip mines a 6680 Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: