Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 2 and Naman
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 2 and Naman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom 2 and Naman Reply with quote

I know I'm doing something stupid, but can you help...?

I purchased a Navman with ST Prof, but have recently brought TomTom 2, following the review on Pocket GPS.

How do I get the software to talk to the GPS receiver?

I've tried changing the config on the GPS Tab to NAVMAN GPS3000 in TomTom but no joy. It all worked fine with ST Prof so I know its not the GPS receiver. Any Ideas?

Henry
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom 2 and Naman Reply with quote

I used to select TomTom GPS Sleeve. AFAIK I don't think there's any major differences between this driver and the Navman GPS3000 driver in TTN2.

If you goto the status screen, do you start to see any gray bars appearing ?
Henry
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Dave but still no joy (no gey bars), howerver I have noticed that when I "put the Navman Jacket on" the IPAQ comes up with a dialog box saying Unrecognised Card in Socket 2. I never had this error message with St Professional.

Am I missing a driver?

I'm not sure if error is for the Jacket or the 128Mb CompactFlash card in the back of the jacket.
Henry
Occasional Visitor

I've just removed the CompactFlash card and I still get the error so it must be the GPS Jacket at fault.

In desporation I reloaded ST Professional and it all still works fine with the NAVMAN Jacket (no error)...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Okay, bingo! That error used to come up when the Navman GPS Driver hasn't been installed to the Pocket PC. This is required by other programs, and I suspect that SmartST Pro has got a similar driver built into the software rather than requiring a driver.

Goto Navman Support Website and download the SmartPath GPS Support Update.

What I would strongly recommend is you uninstall TTN2 completely, you could leave the maps on the storage card if you wish. Then install the SmartPath GPS Support Update, then reinstall TTN2 over the top, and that should get rid of the error message.

When installing TTN2 I think you'll still get the option of which GPS to use. Select TomTom GPS Sleeve if it appears.
Henry
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

Thanks a million works a treat, I owe you a virtual beer or two...

Just wish I had asked before as I've spent two days doing my nut and my girlfriend is about to leave me...

Thanks again, Henry
trafcam
Regular Visitor

I have the same hardware but with TTN1 (still waiting for my upgrade to come through) and my TomTom installation gives an option to install the GPS driver, with a specific option for the GPS3000. Has that gone away with version 2?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

I'm running TTNav2 on a Navman3000 and both the GPS3000 and TomTom Jacket options are present and work fine. And I installed TTNav2 after a full hardware reset so there were no remaining drivers left on the system.
Henry
Occasional Visitor

Hi, Just to let everyone know that I'm now running TomTom Version 2 on a Navman jacket (Big thanks to Dave) using the NAVMAN GPS3000 drivers with no problems.

I've also loaded TrafCam linked to TomTom V2 and again it works fine. Thanks to all those that have helped on this, Henry
AliS
Occasional Visitor

I am using the IPAQ NS Sleeve. Should I follow the advice of above and install the new drivers. At the moment I have to load the copilot software for TT2 to recognise the sleeve.

Any advise much appreciated.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I think with the iNS sleeve you do have to have iNS installed to get TTN2 to work, it's slightly different from the Navman sleeve.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: