Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman SmartST Pro Unlocked!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman SmartST Pro Unlocked!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfi1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman SmartST Pro Unlocked!!! Reply with quote

Unfortunately i've come to the same conclusion about the sleeve.
onbashi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman SmartST Pro Unlocked!!! Reply with quote

i finally got a reply from navman support, (6 day later) their answer to my problem with the sleeve was there is no upgrade path for the problems i'm having but i should except that this setup wont work in central london and my best option would be to purchase a dedicated unit i.e the icn630.

ok now i understand, even navman dont want anything to do with the sleeve anymore!

sorry but this is where i say goodbye to navman and say hello to tomtom with open arms!, i'm not supprised that 70% of navman has gone elsewhere!
sfi1
Regular Visitor

Did they actually say that it won't work in central london - i'm surprised a manufacturer would admit to such a thing.

we'll have to wait and see what deal (if any) they make to existing users (smartST or 4400). For those of us without BT on their PDA it's going to mean a new PDA also or use an alternative receiver - if they let us have the unlocked version.

Even after that can you be sure that the routing is any better than now?

Dave, any news on the 4400 review and is it likely include a decent section on reception & routing, the 2 major problems with the current setup.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

The 3450 and 4400 reviews will be available in the next couple of days. We haven't re-reviewed SmartST Pro, because essentially nothing has changed thta we've been made aware of.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Correction, what I should have said is that we will be including the SmartST Pro reviews from the 3400 into the 3450 and 400 reviews, but nothing really has changed to warrant a re-work of the software part of the review.
onbashi
Regular Visitor

sorry for the bother, any news on the unlocked software yet, regarding wether it's going to be F.O.C or not
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Nothing yet
Telboy
Occasional Visitor

tcs17_tim,

where is 1.91.0044 on the Navman site?

Thanks
gracar
Regular Visitor

I guess the obvious question is whether there is, or will be, an upgrade path between 1.91.0041 and 1.96.0015. I think the Smart ST software is very good (I know there are some odd quirks but it's really clear and the voice is excellent)but the reception is a problem. If I could use it with an alternate receiver I'd be more than happy. I think this should be a FOC revision.
sfi1
Regular Visitor

You could try the 1.91.0044 build which seems to be the best so far for reception. I too like the SmartST software and hope that they can fix the 2 major issues outstanding, reception & strange routing.
gracar
Regular Visitor

I have a second reason for wanting the software unlocked and that's because I want to change my iPaq, which I have had for a couple of years now. The new iPAQs have a different profile and I'm not sure my 3400 sleeve will fit. I think with the multislotted (CF & SD) format of the new iPAQ the day of the sleeve is almost over and I'll have to get an alternate receiver anyway. So if I am to continue as a Navman customer I need SmartST unlocking - they surely don't expect us to purchase another copy do they?
Telboy
Occasional Visitor

sfi1,

I have the 1.91.0041 build. How do I get the 1.91.0044 build?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Gracar,

If you update your iPaq to a 5450, 5550 or 5150 then the existing sleeve will fit. However NavMan do not recommend using the 3000 with any of these devices, so you are a bit stuck there.

If you upgrade to the 2210, which is the one with SD and CF slots then your sleeve will not fit.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

Navman stated they were mailing the latest pre 4400 build CD to all registered users FOC. If you haven't received it give them a call.
gracar
Regular Visitor

I guess I have a few questions..

Where did they state that?

Is this the latest "locked" Software?

Has anyone received it and what are the changes?

Is there an intention to ship further "unlocked" versions?

I'll e-mail Navam help and ask them as well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: