Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom UK Traffic - Value for Money or not?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom UK Traffic - Value for Money or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: TomTom UK Traffic - Value for Money or not? Reply with quote

TomTom UK Traffic. Have you had the free trial? Do you pay for it? Did you find the results accurate? Or did you find jams flagged that were not there, and jams there that were not flagged?

A waste of money or an asset you would not be without?

Is it just too expensive at €60, €20 more than anywhere else? Or would you not pay for it at any price?

A yes or no answer is fine, that is all that is needed. I would have done this as a poll if there was an option to. But please discuss the topic too, I know the people at TomTom read these forums and your feedback could well make a difference.
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case the jury is still out. I had the trial (or beta test as I saw it), I have had the service now for 9 months and do find it useful, but not all that reliable or accurate. I drive a fair amount and can just about justify the cost, but renewal looms in December and I will be thinking long and hard before parting with more cash. Not helped my Tomtoms admission that traffic does not work correctly on my model of PDA.

Not sure if this helps, I am sure you wanted a yes or no, but its a hard question.

Good luck

MS

ipaq 3630, Pretec CF GPS, Ipaq 5550 Fortuna Slim GPS, TTNAV 5.10 w traffic , SPV C500
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have traffic for a while and am not resubscribing. The idea is good, but the delivery is inaccurate and unreliable.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought the traffic while on the cheap (paid before tt5 came out ) and as i own a xda2i i have only started using mine a few weeks back ,but since i have started using it it has saved me quite a bit of time ,but then again like today i did get caught in a traffic jam on the a23 coming into croydon ,,but all i did was an err illegal u-turn Evil or Very Mad and took another route
DriveBy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be able to try it - but I have been unable to get on to the TomTom website for the last four days to download the free trial.

If thats any indication of how good the rest of the service is - maybe I will stay away from subscribing.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like mstockha I will be seriously thinking about renewing, ideas great but the reliability & quality is very questionable.

TomTom do not monitor the servers, if they fail friday night they will not be working until Monday morning, this has happend a number of times.

If the upgrade is 30 euros like last time then yes, any more then they have to improve the service drastically....
Digitore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very expensive very unreliable - NO I wont be renewing.
BV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic isn't perfect by a long way, but at less than a £1 a week, it is good value. On Friday using the "minimise traffic delays" function it devised a route that I never knew and beat a couple of my colleagues by 30 mins from Worcester back to Hertfordshire during the rush hours.
It performs better on major routes, but it will surely improve as the information used gets better.
The M1 section at junction 21 seems to always say 22 minutes delay but that apart, I like it.

BV.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: