Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 losing the ability to re-route?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 losing the ability to re-route?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjhatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: TTN5 losing the ability to re-route? Reply with quote

I've had a couple of occasions with TTN5 losing the ability to reroute. Maps are still displayed, but after going off-route it repeatedly attempts to reroute (you can see the rerouting status bar flash on for just a moment) without success.

Clicking on 'Navigate to' and selecting a new destination comes up with the helpful "error when planning route".

Only way to sort it is to exit, switch off, back on again and start from scratch.

Anybody else seen this or got any suggestions? (running on a Mio 168 with the maps on a 512mb SD card)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may be in a non-routable area, for example a system of private roads, or an area with mapping errors.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mjhatcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the problem in more than one area, and none of them have been private roads or anything unusual. Unless the Reading relief road has become unroutable... :D

As I live on a private road, that gives me other issues, such as me "reaching my destination" at the end of the road rather than at my doorstep and a complete refusal to route logically along it, but don't get me started on that!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: