Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - X50v And Tomtom 5 Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

X50v And Tomtom 5 Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biccus1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grexy wrote:
I have a x50v and I also can confirm that if you turn off the poi's it won't crash. I didn't have too many problems with it crashing while driving, but if I left the installed poi's ticked when looking at the map it would crash. so just turned the installed poi's off, still have all speed camera's and supermarkets ect, installed.

Even with the speed cameras unticked does it still bleep when near one?

shane
grexy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only turning off the 'tomtom poi's' so I leave the pocket gps world camera database and other poi's I've added as is.

so they still beep.
JohnJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just returned from Devon to the Midlands using the TTN5 upgrade for the first time on a long trip and had 5 "crashes"(of the TTN5 -and requiring a soft reset of the PDA each time) during the journey!
I did notice that the PDA was quite warm, but next time I will try to disable all the POIs to see if I find an improvement.
At the end of the journey I clicked on the Close program icon. I got the start up screen - but it also was "frozen" and required another soft reset before I could actually switch off the PDA!

(I miss many of the features of TTN3 - including the more detailed description of each place in the list of favourites.)

JohnJ
Rabdo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnJ wrote:
I have just returned from Devon to the Midlands using the TTN5 upgrade for the first time on a long trip and had 5 "crashes"(of the TTN5 -and requiring a soft reset of the PDA each time) during the journey!
I did notice that the PDA was quite warm, but next time I will try to disable all the POIs to see if I find an improvement.
At the end of the journey I clicked on the Close program icon. I got the start up screen - but it also was "frozen" and required another soft reset before I could actually switch off the PDA!

(I miss many of the features of TTN3 - including the more detailed description of each place in the list of favourites.)

JohnJ

Are you running the TTN5.1 update? The problems you describe sound like the ones that have been fixed by the 5.1 update?

rabdo
JohnJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: x50v and ttn5 problems Reply with quote

Thanks Rabdo.
I have now installed v5.1 so in the next day or so I'll try it out on a trip out.(
I do see,however, in the Sun Aug14 posting, that Biccus1 still had the same problem after installation of v5.1.)

Incidentally,as a relative newcomer to pocketpcs,is there any way one can verify on the PDA that a particular version is actually installed ( i.e. is there anything equivalent to the "Help/About" info that you get in a main PC program ??)
Thanks

JohnJ
Rabdo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: x50v and ttn5 problems Reply with quote

JohnJ wrote:
Thanks Rabdo.
I have now installed v5.1 so in the next day or so I'll try it out on a trip out.(
I do see,however, in the Sun Aug14 posting, that Biccus1 still had the same problem after installation of v5.1.)

Incidentally,as a relative newcomer to pocketpcs,is there any way one can verify on the PDA that a particular version is actually installed ( i.e. is there anything equivalent to the "Help/About" info that you get in a main PC program ??)
Thanks

JohnJ

When on the main navigating view of tt5, tap on the bars showing satellite signal strength. This takes you to the route summary page and just above the 'Done' button it displays the version (ie. 5.100). Or you can go through the preferences version and choose 'Show Version'. I know some people have had problems with it still showing '5.000' AFTER the update. I actually uninstalled TTN5 and then installed the 5.1 upgrade.

rabdo
JohnJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: x50v and Tomtom problems Reply with quote

Thanks again, Rabdo.

Yes,I get "5.1 version" after following your instructions.

I gave it a road test this afternoon - but perhaps not long enough to give it a chance to crash - I will be doing a longer trip later this week. However,at least I was able to close the program without it causing the PDA to freeze as had been happening - so it looks more promising !

JohnJ
Jack155Q4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I will be testing my x50V and TT 5.1 for the first time tomorrow so will report any outcomes Smile
Jack155Q4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did two 35 mile journeys, it didnt miss a beat - I exited the program cleanly after each trip and it was fine Smile
biccus1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that with or without poi on?
Jack155Q4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That with all speed cams on as well as TT cash points and petrol stations Smile
raptorheli2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines has been fine for a while now thankfully. that was with 5.1 and all the poi's on howver, i was sick of the lag so i deleted all poi's from it and i'll see if that fixes it. if it does then i'll just add single poi's i would like instead of the ones tomtom insist on giving you.

have to say i'm very impressed with the new postcode facility. thats all i use now. one thing though, i went to look at a range rover last week and the address was an un-named road but it recognised the postcode and got me there. funny how they can get the postcode to a road name but not the actual road name itself. btw, the road did have a name.

cheers

cheers
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raptorheli2 wrote:
mines has been fine for a while now thankfully. that was with 5.1 and all the poi's on howver, i was sick of the lag so i deleted all poi's from it and i'll see if that fixes it. if it does then i'll just add single poi's i would like instead of the ones tomtom insist on giving you.

have to say i'm very impressed with the new postcode facility. thats all i use now. one thing though, i went to look at a range rover last week and the address was an un-named road but it recognised the postcode and got me there. funny how they can get the postcode to a road name but not the actual road name itself. btw, the road did have a name.

cheers

cheers

I work in a school and if I input the postcode in tomtom5, it will take me to the reception entrance within the school gates. The dead end road shows as a dotted unmade road and continues well over 100yards within the gates!! Now, beat that!!
JohnJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite "on topic", but have other x50v owners been successful with added POIs using POI-warner or GPS-assist ??

When I had my previous PDA - a Dell Axim X5 -(the basic model with only 32MB internal memory and a 200Mhz processor) I tried GPSassist with TTN2 and it crashed it every time , so I deleted it and never bothered again,but perhaps the x50v can cope better ?? It gave me so much hassle last time I am cautious of trying it again !

(I shall not be able to answer any replies for a few days as I shall be away from contact with my PC)

JohnJ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: