Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do i make a non Tom Tom gps receiver work ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i make a non Tom Tom gps receiver work ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iang27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: How do i make a non Tom Tom gps receiver work ? Reply with quote

I have been given a Nokia 7710 from a relative in Italy where TOM TOM 5 was supplied with the phone as a package, but my relative kept the original tom tom gps receiver for his new phone and i presumed that my non tom tom gps receiver would work but after two weeks of trying i still cannot get the phone to find my receiver.

A friend has Tom Tom 5 on his nokia 6600 and in his gps menu he has the option of 'Tom Tom Wireless GPS' reciever or 'other gps reciver' but on my phone the only choice is the Tom Tom receiver.

I have tried renaming my receiver as the tom tom one but still no luck.

Does anyone know how i can get the receiver to work without having to buy a genuine tom tom reciver or is there a file i could add or alter ?

Thank you
Roberto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom 5 should automatically have the option to select either it's own or another GPS receiver. Strange that your version doesn't.
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps, because the phone was supplied with ttm5 as a package, it was a special preset version?
laich71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought 7710 and tomtom 5 seperately i.e. not as a package and i also don't have the option for other gps device, only tomtom gps device.

Suppose due to tomtom for series 90 only available with gps device so no need to give option for other gps unit.

And if original lost you can only buy the more expensive tomtom one. Although i have heared it is alot better than the cheaper ones. Mine i don't even have to have in the windscreen baking in the sun, will work from my pocket or next to gear stick.
vikingjonas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the 2 options on mine, but the software automatically assumes that it is the tomtom device, so when you try selecting "other bluetooth device" it asks you to pair it up even though it's already paired with the phone....also key of 0000 shows on the tomtom device screen (which is why I'm assuming that it's assuming my BT GPS device is the tomtom one)...

/Jonas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: