Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Finally! Clarification on TT5 & XDA2i . . .
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally! Clarification on TT5 & XDA2i . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L_Morgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should do Alix but it does not
ROM date: 04/11/06
Radio version 1.09.00
Protocol version: 42.42.P8
ExtROM version: 1.30.162 WWE
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
no tricks standard o2 launch rom no special software im doing over
2000 miles a week a only suffer around 2 locks a week
rang o2 data support this very moring to try and help they said there is problem with the wired version as there has been a change to the podution process of the 2i and this has affected the serial port at the bottom of the device i was told by o2 that tomtom are working on this issue to try and fix the problem which is why the wired version has been withdrawn temparlly.
they have no known issues with bt and tt5 this as far as i know only affects recent batches of the xda2i.
if you using bluetooth then tt5 should work hope this helps you

Hi ALix,

Are you using the latest ROM from O2 on XDA IIi?

ex - TOMTOM Nokia N95
ex - TOMTOM GO 700
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 5 on XDA IIi
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA II
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too have suffered from lock ups ,and is driving me flipping mad ,but to make things worse it seems like the update patch is riuning my voice commands everytime i get a lockup ie forget to turn phone off

markyhedgehog73 is there any way you can extract your radio version and upload it or email it if possible
pj777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say that I have TTN5.1 with XDA2i and wired GPS and it works OK for me. My details are below - don't know if they're any help or not.

I get the occasional lock but no more than I used to get before I installed TT. One thing that does annoy me though is that occasionally when you are in a call with TT running, the call "screen" flashes intermittently over the TT screeen. Annoying but I can live with it...

Only other problem is No Maps Installed crops up sometimes when I first turn TT on. A soft reset cures this and I have no further problems then...
TomTom Mount

ROM Version 1.10.00 WWE
ROM date 12/24/04
Radio version 1.00.00
Protocol version 1337.39
ExtROM version 1.10.124 WWE
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used the updated rom from o2 on one of the setups i had running and it worked fine.
as forbthe radio rom that i have now i aquired that by firstly updating the xda from the o2 update rom i then backed up my system using the SKtools software that i have installed, i then got the i-mate rom off the xda developers forum and followed the instructions on how to install it after that was completed i then ran the sktools backup program to restore to my previous setup it kept the new radio settings as they are in ext rom therefore my system is setup with the updated rom from o2 but with the bonus of the upgraded radio rom.
i have tested all the tt features ie traffic and making and receiving calls while navigating and have not had any faults at all, i must state though the sktools software that i purchased from handango in my belief has helped no end with the problems that i was experiencing originally also the kingston sd card has played a major factor too
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used the updated rom from o2 on one of the setups i had running and it worked fine.
as forbthe radio rom that i have now i aquired that by firstly updating the xda from the o2 update rom i then backed up my system using the SKtools software that i have installed, i then got the i-mate rom off the xda developers forum and followed the instructions on how to install it after that was completed i then ran the sktools backup program to restore to my previous setup it kept the new radio settings as they are in ext rom therefore my system is setup with the updated rom from o2 but with the bonus of the upgraded radio rom.
i have tested all the tt features ie traffic and making and receiving calls while navigating and have not had any faults at all, i must state though the sktools software that i purchased from handango in my belief has helped no end with the problems that i was experiencing originally also the kingston sd card has played a major factor too
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markyhedgehog73 wrote:

Do you have the link for the instructions you got from xda-developers please?

ex - TOMTOM Nokia N95
ex - TOMTOM GO 700
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 5 on XDA IIi
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA II
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a word of warning, if you upgrade to the new ROM and were previously using personal mode, don't change to corporate mode then re-install from back up as this will re-load all the o2 rubish that causes the phone to lock up - the code you will need is 0506 - if in personal mode get rid of it, as the o2 active interface is useless - mike
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had Major problems with my XDA2i and TT3 & TT5. I can use both with the phone off without lockups at all, but when I try to download Traffic Updates Via GPRS TT5 Freezes.

I have tried the Imate ROM, O2 Standard ROM and the new O2 Updated ROM, I have even tried Corporate and Personal Install, all did not make the GPRS and Traffic Updates work. The iMate ROM did work a couple of times though.

I have just purchased a new 1gb SD card Sandisk Ultra III which boasts speeds of 130X 20mbits/s so when I get that I will tell you if that improves it.

I think the only thing that can possibly fix this problem now is either a faster SD card which I am about to try when it arrives or Tomtom release a fix.

I'll let you know as and when it arrives.

Cheers

Lee
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Alpine_ShippedOrg

download the 1.11.114 wwe you'll also need the maupgradenoid.exe aswell to run the update, the details are in the forum listings
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignore previous link try this one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=25283

Embarassed
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent updated yet ill do it over the weekend it did some testing this afternoon and found that with 5.01 and other bluetooth gps that i did get lockups, now usually i used other wired gps with bt on com6 which seems a lot more stable for some reason downloading traffic as well though if on bt gps i always use turbo mode and mine is an early xda2i i got it as soon as they were available

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres something very strange, I've been using my XDA IIi with a wired GPS unit, and never experienced any problems with lockups, and use the traffic service extensively. I do not make calls using the XDA, I have used the corporate install option, and this with both the original & new o2 ROM and also he new Imate ROM which does have and updated radio stack

People experiencing problems should possibly look at the following:- The make & mode of SD card, other software that is loaded, and the way the GPS connects to the XDA ie which cradle or connector.

One last though, what GPRS setting are people using, is the AP & DNS setting correct?
sparky69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick comment but I have been using my XDA11 and TT5.
I get lockups all the time.I found that releasing the SD card and popping it back brought TT5 back.
I must point out that my SD card is 1GB and a cheap Ebay special.
Is it worth getting a better one???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: