Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - First sync issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

First sync issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: First sync issues Reply with quote

Hmm,

I have no probs with you getting a little chef bitmap from elsewhere, but I did include it in the original zip file I sent you.

I had a couple of personal queries regarding it and I thought you had omitted it for 'Copyright' issues

I expect RobMob's will be just as good

Nick
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: First sync issues Reply with quote

Yep, I've been finding issues with the POI's we have on the POI page. Mainly because a lot have spaces in them, and fail to download correctly with POI-Edit. I've changed these in the sync, and there are also some where I've tried to make it a little bit more descriptive, so there will be some although identical in the Sync Service and the POI page, they may have slightly different names. I've thought about renaming these on the POI page, but this may confuse anyone who's downloaded them in the past.

Thanks for the Little Chef bitmap, I'll add that in shortly.
RobMob
Regular Visitor

Only problem I had is that I had downloaded the McDonalds POI about an hour earlier for the POI listsings prior to downloading POIEdit. When I checked TT for the POIs that were available i had two versions - one (first download) called McDonalds and the second (POIEdit download) called McDonalds_Midlands. I hadn't changed the name of either - was there a name change for this file at PocketGPS in the hour or so between download of two files? (18:46 to 20:56). Same also occurred for Little Chef but I first loaded that back in April.

Dave - have emailed a Little Chef bitmap to you.

RobMob
timtim
Occasional Visitor

Everything OK now, thanks.

Re. the graphics: Rasoft do a neat little package for editing bitmaps & jpegs on your handheld, have a look if you haven't seen it.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Thanks guys, looks like there was a problem when I switched to another FTP client last night, no BMP's went over in the batch update.

Problems with the following BMP's have now been fixed:-
  • Airports_UK
  • Esso_Petrol_Stations
  • KFC
  • Marriott
  • Pizzahut
  • Shell_Petrol_Stations
  • Texaco_Petrol_Stations
  • Total_Petrol_Stations
I also noticed the McDonalds_Midlands OV2 and BMP were missing, and these have been added.

I do agree with a graphics design, if anyone wants to do any, I can upload them. Some of the logos are pretty poor.

Tim, are you running through a proxy server ? Can you open POI-Edit and then select FILE | OPEN REMOTE and after about 30 seconds you should get a window to your Pocket PC ? If you get this okay, then the connection between POI-Edit and the Pocket PC is okay, but it's probably you're internet settings. Perhaps you're using a proxy server that's blocking access ?
timtim
Occasional Visitor

I get the same error message as above but without being able to download anything. I've unchecked the 'Auto configure' box in the internet settings, but still getting nowhere. Any advice?
fysmd
Regular Visitor

On my 1st sync I got the same error but for Esso, then on the next sync for KFC, next sync Marriott...

Each time I get further through the sync and there are POI files appearing in my map directory, just some BMPs missing.

Looking good...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: