Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How many POI's can you store ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How many POI's can you store ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: How many POI's can you store ? Reply with quote

Does TT5 have a maximum number of POI's you can store in the maps folder? My reason for asking is that I loaded loads of POI's (I am a newbie after all Laughing ) onto my SD card and fould that some of them would not show up on the POI selection list ?

Cheers chaps
esim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if there's a limit to how many you can store, but there certainly seem to be a limit to how many TT5 can show.

I have found that if I set TT5 to display more than ~4 POI's the map update become v e r r y slow. I tried to use the speed - sorry - security camera POI's with 20, 30, 40.... mph but had to revert back to the common GATSO POI file as TT5 went down to updating the screen every 2 seconds!! Sad

esim
ijhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: 40 POI's Reply with quote

Although you can store as many as you like you can only use 40 categories within TTN5. This 40 limit applies both to the number or different POI's you can display and use for navigating to.

I have taken this up with Tomtom and await a fix Rolling Eyes
MovieMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain it, I deleated some of the ones I did not need and the ones I had been looking for appeared in the POI selection list.

Seems a bit odd that you are only allowed to store a limited number of the card regardless of how many you have switched on. I could try a POI folder and move them around as I need them, it should work Confused
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you guys are aware that if you go to:

Change Preferences
Hide POI

your map update doesn't slow, and you will still get the poi warning flashup - as long as you have selected:

Manage POIs
Warn-when-near-POI)
stevieg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point here is that even though you can hide or activate POI's that show up on the configuration list in order; if you have too many they do not even show up in the first place.

Hence hiding ones you do not need to see does not help, you would actually have to delete the ov2 file if you want to make room for others to load.

The maximum number of POI that seem to appear in the ENABLE/DISABLE view of my setup is about 80, but this includes those provided with TT5 (e.g Zoo!). Hence I assume the 40 referenced earlier must be 40 additional POI's ??

Given that there appears to be max that can be loaded, I don't suppose there is a way to remove those that comes with TT5 that you would never want to use (until you delete them of course!)

StevieG

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: