Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to use usa 2004 maps on TTN 5.10 (not 5, but 5.10!)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use usa 2004 maps on TTN 5.10 (not 5, but 5.10!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SKYravefever
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AlexandreUVa"]doctomahawk, when did you order your Tomtom 5 cds to be already on its way? I have tried to order it yesterday, but the website didn't let me finish the order. Anyway, it went ok today but I when I go in "my tomtom", I can not see "orders" like they say in the confirmation email?/quote]

I wasn't able to either. Upon submitting my product code, I hit "finish my order" or something to that extent. At that point, TT.com takes me to the general product page. No sign of requesting CD's, etc. Was that what you experienced when ordering on the first round?

I'll try again later tonight as I don't have the product key with me at work.
doctomahawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I experienced. I'm not sure what is wrong with the process on the web site at this early time. It evidently worked since mine has been shipped. It seems like every time I go to their site there is another quirk. I never got an email stating there was now an upgrade to ver 5 available to US customers so perhaps they aren't finished updating the site. I just happen to be checking the site when I found it. I recall the European community experiencing problems with the web site in the early going when their update was ready back in June.

Who knows what I am going to get in the mail. It almost feels like Christmas!
AlexandreUVa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, same here...

Concerning the problem when you order (going back to the general product page), you have to try again at a later time. Your order is in the system only if you receive an order number on the screen.

I don t know why they don't try their website before adding on the front page news like that. Anyway, I cross my fingers to received what I expect.

Have a great day...
SKYravefever
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, all. Successfully placed my order just now. Excited, but trying to contain my excitement as the fulfillment process seemed to take forever for some. Hope US is a bit quicker.
AlexandreUVa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The process is very fast right now... ordered on the July 29, confirmed on the 29, and shipped on the 29.... Everything done in 1 day! The Tomtom USA seems to be more organised.
AlexandreUVa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade received. It contains the Tomtom 5 USA application and the Map for all USA and Canada. The installation went very well and everything seems to work ok. Also, I did a clean install but you should be able to transfert all your POI and Favorite from your navigator 2004.
I m going to try it now in my car... Have a good evening.
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexandreUVa- Tell us how it goes, can't wait for mine! :D
doctomahawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received mine. Installation went very well. And with the 5.1 update the BT works much better. Upgrade contains 1 application CD and 8 Map CDs. Looks like the maps are newer than Nav4. There was a missing exit from an interstate that was missing in TTN4 that now exists.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: