Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

camera database
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: camera database Reply with quote

the speed camera database announced today is last months(3.064)not this months,i have downloaded it twice now.Yes i have cleared my cache before someone asks!
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: camera database Reply with quote

riddler wrote:
the speed camera database announced today is last months(3.064)not this months,i have downloaded it twice now.Yes i have cleared my cache before someone asks!

What ISP are you with? If you are on NTL/Blueyonder then you go though a transparent proxy and you can't get the latest file until the proxy has updated. I had to configure my browser to another proxy server before it gave me this months.

NTL/Blueyonder poxies
riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i,m with virgin,i didn,t seem to have this problem last month,just a bit of a will hav worry because i,m going down to london tomorrow could do ith em,ah well will have to wait.
KathG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I had the same problem, so like JimmyTheHand, I had to use a different proxy server , for a few minutes to allow me to download the file. I used webcache.bt.net , and was able to get the updated file.
Regatds
KathG
PS if you need info on how to configure the proxy server , just ask.
shaung5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

I am having the same problem, tried unchecking proxies in explorer and the same in safari.

any help would be appreciated, I am usin NTL

thanks in advance

shaun
KathG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Click Tools on the menubar
Choose Inernet options,
Cilck on the Connections Tab
Click on Lan Settings,
Put a tick in the box below Proxy Server
Copythe text in bold and Paste into the address box webcache.bt.net
Type 8080 in the Port box
Click OK twice to close the Internet options, then refresh the page with the update link on.
You should then be able to download the update.
Once downloaded go back to the the Connections page, and Click on Lan settings and remove the tick from the box below proxy server, and then click OK twice.
This puts you back using the NTL servers
BTW I am on NTL and this worked for me
Hope this helps,
Regards
KathG
shaung5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all done thankyou :-)

shaun
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put a question mark at the end of the URL, that will work in most cases, like http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Zaki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KathG got the file downloaded
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any reason why the download file couldn't change its name every month to reflect the version number? This would get round any problem of picking up old versions which are cached somewhere or other.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
MikeDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just downloaded 3.074 and am about (for the first time) to update the previous version on my GO 500. A couple of questions:

1. Presumably I just copy/paste the new ov2 & bmp into the map folder and they overwrite previous versions - so no need to enable POI & set warnings ?

2. Out of interest, why would I need to update the bmp files ? Presumably the new cameras are all in the ov2's.

Incidentally, this version is rather less user friendly than the last as all the files are in one long list, rather than grouped into folders, which was a help in finding the right set (at least for me using first time ever).

However - thanks to all for a great facility !
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDJ wrote:
1. Presumably I just copy/paste the new ov2 & bmp into the map folder and they overwrite previous versions - so no need to enable POI & set warnings ?

2. Out of interest, why would I need to update the bmp files ? Presumably the new cameras are all in the ov2's.

As you say there is no need to copy new .bmp files so dont. just the .ov2 files and overwrite them. The warnings will stay set.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDJ wrote:
Just downloaded 3.074 and am about (for the first time) to update the previous version on my GO 500. A couple of questions:

Yes, just over-write the previous versions. All your settings will be ok.

MikeDJ wrote:

The .bmp files are the same each time (in fact there are alternative ones available in one of the folders within the archive) so it's only necessary to replace the .ov2 files.

MikeDJ wrote:
Incidentally, this version is rather less user friendly than the last as all the files are in one long list, rather than grouped into folders, which was a help in finding the right set (at least for me using first time ever).

Are you sure you have unzipped them in the same way as before? Mine are still in 7 folders - several of which then branch into sub-folders.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
MikeDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm -

I downloaded the .zip file at work this time and double clicked to open. No folders visible. The only difference I can think of is that I have WinZip 9.0 SR-1 at work on Win XP Professional, and at home just whatever comes as standard with Win XP (Home Edition). Will try it tonight when I get home.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDJ wrote:
Hmmm -

I downloaded the .zip file at work this time and double clicked to open. No folders visible. The only difference I can think of is that I have WinZip 9.0 SR-1 at work on Win XP Professional, and at home just whatever comes as standard with Win XP (Home Edition). Will try it tonight when I get home.

Most versions of WinZip which I have seen display the files in a single heap - but when you select 'extract', they are extracted to the original folder structure provided "Use Folder Names" is ticked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: