Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 Patch 5.10 available!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 Patch 5.10 available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meester-Martinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Pirate TT5 to 5.10 Reply with quote

jay1004uk wrote:
Is there anyy kind person could explain me how to apply the 5.10 patch to the Pirate TT5? Sad When I finished installing the patec file downloaded from TomTom, the programme asked me the activation Crying or Very sad
Please help me!!!
Thank you very much!!!

you can apply the patch when the buy the product
jimbo09990
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Pirate TT5 to 5.10 Reply with quote

jay1004uk wrote:
Is there anyy kind person could explain me how to apply the 5.10 patch to the Pirate TT5? Sad When I finished installing the patec file downloaded from TomTom, the programme asked me the activation Crying or Very sad
Please help me!!!
Thank you very much!!!

Your joking right???
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he won't be.. This board does not tolerate any Unlicensed copies.

You'll have to try somewhere else..

The Mods are cracking down on this. I noted a threat from one the other day saying that they would ban someone if they asked again.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong place for that mate ..
i've paid good money for this product
people that steal only ruin it for everyone
antonioleonforte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: VGA and SE_VGA Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm going to buy an hx4700 in order to view TN5 in full VGA resolution. However I have read that Windows does not allow applications use the whole 640x480 resolution: in order to achieve that you have to install an hack named SE_VGA.

My question is: when you talk about TN5 running in VGA mode, do you mean the "fake" Windows VGA mode (actually a bit more than QVGA) or "real" VGA mode via the SE_VGA hack ?

Could you confirm that the latest fix of TN5 solved all the problems with hx4700 and "real" VGA ? Has anyone tested this configuration with the SE_VGA hack ?

Thanks in advance.
Antonio.
electricdemon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VGA and SE_VGA Reply with quote

antonioleonforte wrote:
Hello,

I'm going to buy an hx4700 in order to view TN5 in full VGA resolution. However I have read that Windows does not allow applications use the whole 640x480 resolution: in order to achieve that you have to install an hack named SE_VGA.

My question is: when you talk about TN5 running in VGA mode, do you mean the "fake" Windows VGA mode (actually a bit more than QVGA) or "real" VGA mode via the SE_VGA hack ?

Could you confirm that the latest fix of TN5 solved all the problems with hx4700 and "real" VGA ? Has anyone tested this configuration with the SE_VGA hack ?

Thanks in advance.
Antonio.

TomTom 5 is VGA aware, out of the box, so no need to use and hacks to force it into VGA.

The only hack available was to remove the VGA sensing abilities of TT5, forcing it to use QVGA, but this is not needed with TT5.1 since any memory errors etc should have been fixed in the update.
kald
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: TTN 5.1 no more working on my Toshiba e740 Reply with quote

Even if Tomtom says that TTN5 is not working on my toshiba e740, the v5 has been working fine.

I now installed the v5.1 which is supposed to fix some issues and speed up the GPS location. As soon I start it, my PDA turns off. If I restart it, I can see quickly that TT is running, but then it switch off again and again and again.

Anybody already had this issue ? How to see what causes this ? I've been trying to find any logfile to help, but no chance till now.

Thanks for your help

Karl
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still using the no vga hack to run TT5.1 on my hx4700.

I prefer to use the 2d navigator view - TT5.1 is still USELESS for 2d mode on a VGA device without the "hack". Plus I find navigation through the menu's a lot smoother and the whole application runs faster.

As an added bonus of the no-vga hack, you can actually read the information at the bottom of the screen while driving (distance, times etc) instead of having to squint at the tiny writing when its running in VGA mode.

I keep the original exe and no-vga exe files on my SD card, along with the read-only installation cab files and my activation code as a text file, so that should I need to hard reset while I'm out, or my battery dies, then I can re-install within a matter of minutes without a PC.
DataMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webbear wrote:
the trick for use the old version 3 and 4 with TT5, seems to be gone with the upgrade to 5.10
So I'm unable to use my 'old' USA maps with this new version.
Rolling Eyes

Hi all

Well I was using tomtom 4 usa maps with tomtom 5 with the 562 trick but with this update I can no longer use the Maps of tt4 on tt5.1

Does any one have a solution?
Question
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried the very latest Sandisk 1Gb Ultra III SD card in my XDA2i and it locked up when using GPRS to download Traffic.

The SD card boasts speeds of 133x (20mbits/Sec) Yet this didn't work so I have still yet to be confinced that this issue is down to the SD card.

Cheers

Lee

Another £50 wasted!!!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataMan wrote:
I was using tomtom 4 usa maps with tomtom 5 with the 562 trick but with this update I can no longer use the Maps of tt4 on tt5.1

Does any one have a solution?
Question

Apart from "Stay with build 4890", no.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DataMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Jut now I got the latest version of Maps of USA and Canada Tomtom 5 and the maps now work with tomtom 5.1
yay
griffgruff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilko wrote:
I'm still using the no vga hack to run TT5.1 on my hx4700.

I prefer to use the 2d navigator view - TT5.1 is still USELESS for 2d mode on a VGA device without the "hack". Plus I find navigation through the menu's a lot smoother and the whole application runs faster.

As an added bonus of the no-vga hack, you can actually read the information at the bottom of the screen while driving (distance, times etc) instead of having to squint at the tiny writing when its running in VGA mode.

I agree - v5.0 withthe "no vga hack" is the only only version that does not crash my HX4700 during navigation. If anything, v5.1 is worse than the standard v5.0.
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.1 Is working fine on my hx4700. I've just removed the high res aware feature from 5.1, like i did on 5.0 - not for stability this time, but because I prefer to be able to read the screen quick and easily than have it look pretty, and I prefer navigating in 2d view.
jjphoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: CAB files? Reply with quote

I've just downloaded the TT5.10 update onto my MAC (Zip file) and can't find any trace of the CAB files as mentioned earlier on this thread. CAB files are the only way I can install on to my iPaq being a MAC user.
Any help would be appreciated as it looks like I need the update because I use a third party GPS unit and it has been taking ages and ages to fix on to the satelites.

thanks..JOhn James

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: