Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3/BT-338 - Some basic questions.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3/BT-338 - Some basic questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: TTN3/BT-338 - Some basic questions. Reply with quote

I am new to bluetooth GPS. Yesterday I received my BT-338 and have got it working by using NMEA 0183V2 and 38400 in TomTom GPS setup.
I have just taken it out for a test run and seems to be working fine - the receiver was in glove box and I was seeing 9-10 sats on the H2210 screen.
I now have it next to me in the house and am seeing between 3-7 sats.
I assume this is the way it should work?

I would like to know the following...

1. I was (upto yesterday) using TomTom wired GPS (the silver thingie) with TTN3 V3.03 (427). Is this also the correct version to be using with BT-338 or should I upgrade to V3.07? It does seem to be working ok with the current version I have loaded or are there some advantages to using V3.07?

2. I loaded "GPSinfo" from the CD that came with the BT-338 onto my H2210 but cannot fathom out what I am supposed to do with it! I have gone to "setup" but that doesn't seem to do anything! There is precious little info on the CD about this program and I can't see anything on Globalsat's website about it either.
Am I supposed to be using this program for something - if so how do you use it?

Thanks

Tom

P.S. Sorry if these are really dumb questions!

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
Steve999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been using TT3.03 on a 2210 with a Globalsat BT receiver for a year now with great success. If it's working stick with it.

The only difference I have made is to remove GPS 3.03 and replace it with 2.06 so that I can use other GPS software at will. (3.03 hijacks BT for itself). I seem to think that 3.07 also enables release for other apps, so if you want to use other apps consider ditching GPS 3.03 for 2.06 or 3.07.

The only other thing I would mention is that you may well get more reliable performance with your maps on the CF card rather than the SD. There are legions of posts on the use of TT with SD on a 2210 from the spring and summer of last year.

Steve
Nissan Connect
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Steve.

I have no other apps that I want to use at the same time so I may as well stick with 3.03.

Yes I now intend to use my new CF card as many reckon they are faster and more reliable than SD for the 2210.

I guess that I can just forget about the GPSinfo program that came on the CD then?

Cheers
Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: