Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell Axim x50v
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell Axim x50v

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Dell Axim x50v Reply with quote

I need some help with outfitting this Axim. Do I go with Blue tooth or go with a card type? Which is better? Also, is there any software out there that allows you to enter (write text) on the map and save it. I am wanting to make notes or label things as I find them. I have been doing some internet searching and I seem to not be looking for the right thing. Any suggestions or product recommendations will be appreciated. If anyone is using a x50v, what are you using and your suggestions.
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell Axim x50v Reply with quote

jmoo wrote:
I need some help with outfitting this Axim. Do I go with Blue tooth or go with a card type? Which is better?

Either should work perfectly. As to which is better, that depends on your requirements. Without more info it's impossible to give an opinion. A card type can be more convenient, only one unit, only one charger. But it makes the PDA bigger so it probably won't fit in a case, and might get damaged if you slip the PDA into your pocket. I find that a card drains the PDA battery significantly faster then using the Bluetooth interface, so your battery life will be shorter. A Bluetooth GPS might be better for in car use as you have complete flexibility as to where you position it.

Quote:
Also, is there any software out there that allows you to enter (write text) on the map and save it. I am wanting to make notes or label things as I find them. I have been doing some internet searching and I seem to not be looking for the right thing. Any suggestions or product recommendations will be appreciated. If anyone is using a x50v, what are you using and your suggestions.

What type of map? I have Memory Map and this allows me to place notes anywhere on the map both on the PC and the PDA.
nigelw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Dell Axim x50v Reply with quote

jmoo wrote:
I need some help with outfitting this Axim. Do I go with Blue tooth or go with a card type? Which is better?

Either should work perfectly. As to which is better, that depends on your requirements. Without more info it's impossible to give an opinion. A card type can be more convenient, only one unit, only one charger. But it makes the PDA bigger so it probably won't fit in a case, and might get damaged if you slip the PDA into your pocket. I find that a card drains the PDA battery significantly faster then using the Bluetooth interface, so your battery life will be shorter. A Bluetooth GPS might be better for in car use as you have complete flexibility as to where you position it.

Quote:
Also, is there any software out there that allows you to enter (write text) on the map and save it. I am wanting to make notes or label things as I find them. I have been doing some internet searching and I seem to not be looking for the right thing. Any suggestions or product recommendations will be appreciated. If anyone is using a x50v, what are you using and your suggestions.

What type of map? I have Memory Map and this allows me to place notes anywhere on the map both on the PC and the PDA.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: