Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth Manager on ipaq 3870
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Manager on ipaq 3870

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Manager on ipaq 3870 Reply with quote

I have been testing the Emtac BT GPS with TTN on an Ipaq 3630 with TDK bluepaq and Ipaq 3870 with built in bluetooth ver 1.1b. Both have OS 2.20. The 3630 works fine and the comms to the emtac is continuous. The 3870 despite being bonded and connected as a serial port (COM8) flicks between available and connected, which keeps dropping the link to TTN GPS. This is very annoying and I haven't found anyway of sorting the 3870. Has anybody come across this problem and any suggestions ?
wjrs5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Manager on ipaq 3870 Reply with quote

The 3870 is notorious for several reasons and one of them is the problem with Bluetooth. I hope that the updates sort you out but I would not hold out a lot of hope. I know it is no consolation but the 3870 should never have been released. They finally got it right with the 3970.
jamz
Occasional Visitor

I also have the iPAQ 3870 and the Socket (EMTAC) Bluetooth GPS.

I have installed Updates:

- ROM upgrade to 2.2

- Bluetooth Manager 1.1

- EUU version 3.00

and done a full reset and wipe of memeory.

I am trying to use pocketstreets 2002 but the COM port does not appear in the listed available ports.

The Bluetooth Manager settings say that Inbound com port is COM7 and Outbound port is COM8. Both of these ports don't appear as selectable in pocket streets even if the bluetooth manager says serial is connected to the GPS.

I have sent a support request to Compaq, but I don't expect much back except a "Well we don't support that GPS" type message. Don't know what else to do, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Cheers,

Jamz.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I don't think Pocket Streets supports the Emtac BT GPS.
Fuego
Regular Visitor

Correction, you mean does not support the iPAQ 3870 Master BT Serial Port, on COM8 ;)

I have a support request pending from Microsoft. I'm not holding my breath, though.

king
Occasional Visitor

I'm also running an emtac with TTN on a 3870, Quite often it will show a message saying, "unable to laod bluetooth stack" when I attempt to turn the bluetooth on. I then have to soft reset the ipaq to make it work. I also downloaded the bluetooth manager and service pack upgrades. These however just resulted in a different error message being shown more often. I have now reverted to the originals! It a shame compaq won't offer some sort of upgrade deal for people stuck with the 3870.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: