Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniff wrote:
RobP wrote:
Hiding inappropriate icons for any particular TTGO - so TTGO Classic users don't have to wade through all the icons for features only appropriate to 300/500/700s.

Not gonna happen - that's good marketing for TomTom! Laughing

Wanna bet?

look here

SC
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Sniff wrote:
RobP wrote:
Hiding inappropriate icons for any particular TTGO - so TTGO Classic users don't have to wade through all the icons for features only appropriate to 300/500/700s.

Not gonna happen - that's good marketing for TomTom! Laughing

Wanna bet?

look here

SC

The variable menu code didn't come from TomTom, though - did it?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkm_hm wrote:

The variable menu code didn't come from TomTom, though - did it?

Knowledge of its existance didn't, no... but you can 'turn off' those nasty grey ed out icons with it.

example here

SC
mokkawokka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like there to be a verbal "you have reached your waypoint" announcement.
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add my votes to:

1. Create POI from OS Grid Ref and Lat/Lon Co-Ords

2. Easy Recording of POIs - Record first, categorise afterwards maybe

3. Method of sync'ing POIs to TomTom & 3rd Party providers like CheckPOInt does for the TT3 PDA version. This gives a really high quality of POI data as your customers keep it up to date.

4. Think outside the box and find a way to get map data validated / updated / created by the cutsomers. Allow track data to be returned to TomTom which could give location and actual speeds for a road. Eventually TomTom could end up not having to pay for the map data as it's customers could almost provide it for them - and it's in our interest to do that as well. Maybe they would realise that the M25 and M6 are not good 24 hours per day then. If they take data from enough customers they would end up with really high quality data.

5. Rotate the screen polarisation by 90 degrees so people with polarised sunglasses can see the screen. OK so it's hardware but it's been bugging me to bits

6. Provide a high quality Tech Support service
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot:

7. Improve the spoken directions so that it tells me the correct exit on a roundabout and gives me more information about what happens next in navigation - just like Garmin do
smallfreak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrummyGit wrote:

5. Rotate the screen polarisation by 90 degrees so people with polarised sunglasses can see the screen. OK so it's hardware but it's been bugging me to bits

While this might sound easy, it is not. The display built into that device is a "standard PDA screen" manufactured in big quantities for various vendors. These devices are used in "portrait" mode. The GO screen is really "portrait" too, but built in rotated (hence the different polarization).
To display the graphics and text correct, TT internally draws everything "sidewards".

If you follow the "Linux development" examples published for the GO, you suddenly will find your printout displayed in the "wrong" direction.

Changing the polarization would indeed need an individual production for this screen which would rise the production price considerably.
DeeSee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more checkboxes on the Enable/Disable POI screen :-

Warn when near POI

Warn only if POI is on route

I frequently don't plan a route so have the camera POIs set to warn when near. However, when I do plan a route it is a pain to go through each option to get to the "Warn only if POI is on route" checkbox for each camera. All on one page would be much better.

Obviously TT would need to retain any warning distances that the user has previously set whether on or off so you don't have to set them again every time you activate.

An edit POI function would be handy so you don't have to delete and reinput if you make a mistake putting the name in.

Also, as has been mentioned before: Some quick means of recording a POI to a temp POI folder.

Reversing last route facility

Some means of getting a location/POIs grid ref (lat/long) off screen rather than having to go to the ov2

A few more bells would be handy for other POIs but not really a major want.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeSee wrote:
I frequently don't plan a route so have the camera POIs set to warn when near. However, when I do plan a route it is a pain to go through each option to get to the "Warn only if POI is on route" checkbox for each camera. All on one page would be much better.

Why bother to change it? Even when you do plan a route, the warnings work much better if you leave the "Warn only on route" box UN-checked.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
oisky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to hold more than one bluetooth profile.
spacerunner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would dearly love to be able to use Ordinance Survey grid references. These are far more accurate than post codes, especially in rural areas. Both the Camping and Caravan Club and Caravan Club use these references for their sites and CL's.
And as already mentioned route suitable for towing vehicles.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like an option to avoid caravans! Wink
nobodynice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to block a road and store it. This will ensure that the next time you are going through that area it avoids that route. There are many roads, in the countryside, which are actually tracks and have been closed long ago.
splodger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a previous user of TomTom Navigator 3, I find the current way Itineraries work to be a retrogade step - one should be able to move the order of waypoints / destinations and change waypoints into destinations, without leaving the screen.

Co-Pilot provides the option to for the system to calculate the optimal route, something that is also missing from TomTom v5.

However, so far apart from these deficiencies it looks pretty good.

Note - I use my navigation system for touring across europe, so that is why Itineraries are important to me.

It would also be very nice to have the route planning capability of Co-Pilot ie. plan you route with all the wyapoints and multiple destinations on the PC and download the routes when ready. But I don't see Tom Tom doing this as it requires a PC front end. Nice thought though.

I like the functionality of Co-Pilot, but the TomTom screens are far better. So I tend to use TomTom wherever possible.

Phil

TomTom 5 Nvigator on XDA2i
TomTom GO 700
Co-Pilot XDA2i
Bobm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An indication on the 500/700 that you have missed a mobile call. A couple of times I have stepped out of the car to pop in the newsagents or whatever and someone has rung in the 60 seconds I have been away - but there is no indication on the normal screen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: