Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPaq - 6310 - Bluetooth - GPRS - Connect
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPaq - 6310 - Bluetooth - GPRS - Connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerNut
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: iPaq - 6310 - Bluetooth - GPRS - Connect Reply with quote

I am having trouble connecting my iPaq 3970 to my Nokia 6310 using Bluetooth and trying to surf using GPRS.

Here is what I can and can't do so far.

1. My connection between the 2 on infrared works with no problem.

2. I use Vodafone software on my iPaq and it works fine with an Infrared connection and GPRS.

3. So I know the phone settings are ok.

4. I can bond the 2 on BT, but only on 'Connect to COM1'.

5. When I then use the Vodafone software to connect, it can't find the terminal, and times out.

6. The Nokia drops the BT connection after 1:15.

Help Please????????????????

Yours Roy

JavaScript Trainer www.jast.co.uk

LocktightT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: iPaq - 6310 - Bluetooth - GPRS - Connect Reply with quote

Hi m8

I use a 5450 with a 6310i but on Orange.

Use the orange information hereOrange Site you will need to find the APN for Vodaphone but everything else should be the same.

Locktight
GingerNut
Lifetime Member

Hi All,

In case you were wondering :-)

Vodafone support sorted it all out for me :-)

Very helpfull, and spent as much time as was necessary to get it sorted.

Yours Roy

JavaScript Trainer www.jast.co.uk

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

For reference for the future http://www.compaq.co.uk/products/ipaq/pocketpc/docs/6310i.pdf has some very helpful instructions. I think one or two points could be refined, but their settings will work just fine.

In step 13, I'd specify the CID explicitly - by dialling *99***1# (otherwise things may not work with a future software upgrade if multiple CID support is introduced).

Also in step 13, I'd use [plus]CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet",,1,1 (the ,,1,1 specifies compression if available).

For a backup dial-up ISP, I'd use the same instructions, in step 13 using [plus]441214789300 (BT Openworld's "International ISDN" number) and [plus]CBST=71,0,1 for the extra command (that specifies 9600bps V.110 "ISDN" connection). Those will work with a free BT Openworld "pay as you go" account.

The Internet APN for Vodafone Contract users is just internet (user name and password are both web). The SMTP server for Vodafone GPRS is smtp.vizzavi.co.uk

David

(who has no idea why, but entering the plus signs as a plus sign made them disappear when I previewed this - hence me using [plus])

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: